1 year scholarships/fellowship/grant/funding for medical student research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MellowYellowCA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a medical student who will be doing research full time for one year either after my second year of after third year. I know of some of the big prestigious research grants (like HHMI), but since I have minimal past research experience, I am looking for funding that won't be quite so hard to get.

I am still deciding on the area of research, but what I can get funding to do will play a role in the decision. The area that I am most likely to do research will likely fall into one or more of these categories, should there be organizations that give money for specific types of research:
pediatrics or geriatrics, psychiatry, neurology. The research will be clinical (not wet lab). The research would have to be done at my own school (a University of California school).

Please let me know if you have suggestions (especially names of specific funding opportunities, but also websites, organizations, etc). I have already checked with my own school.

Members don't see this ad.