1-year student research fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WakeDerm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have an open position for a 1-year student research fellowship with the Center for Dermatology Research at Wake Forest University. This fellowship is aimed at students currently enrolled in medical school that are looking to boost their CV and clinical dermatology experience. The ultimate goal of the fellow is to work towards a better understanding of various skin diseases and the best treatment options for each. The fellow will be involved in clinical trials on multiple diseases including, but not limited to, acne, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and skin cancer. The fellow will also be involved in examining trends in the treatment of skin diseases using databases such as PubMed, NAMCS, Medicare/Medicaid and PharMetrics. Additionally, fellows are encouraged to present their own work in the form of poster and oral presentations at the American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting.

Interested applicants should send their CV along with 2 references to:
Steve Feldman, MD, PhD
Professor of Dermatology and Director of the Center for Dermatology Research Wake Forest University School of Medicine [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks dear friend but is it also for international medical students willing to take a fellowship like this one overseas??
I'm in my last year of medicine as intern out of Australia currently. Can i just take a break for one year and come for it?
Are there any facilities for someone like me to stay over there?

I'm a medical school graduate who completed a year of internal medicine prelim this past June and now applying for Derm residency. Can I apply for this research fellowship? Thanks for your anticipated reply

Thank-you to all those who have applied. The student research position at Wake Forest Dermatology has been filled for the 2010 academic year.

Sincerely,
Brad Yentzer, MD
Senior Clinical Research Fellow
WFU School of Medicine, Dermatology