10 days 'til D-Day: Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the following in the next 10 days --

1.) 50 Destroyer Gen.Chem problems/day
2.) 50 Destroyer O.Chem problems/day
3.) 100 Destroyer Bio problems/day
4.) 1 Destroyer Math practice test every other day
5.) 1 CDP practice exam every other day (on days I don't do a QR exam)
6.) 2 DATQVault Benchmark tests/day
7.) Re-read 1 Chapter of Cliff's/day
8.) Spend 30 mins - 1hr/day reinforcing Destroyer's O.Chem roadmaps
9.) Last 2 days before exam - Review all of my notes from Chad's Gen.Chem and O.Chem

Anything you guys think I should add? Each day should be at least 8 hours of study. Maybe even 10-12.

Edit: Mind you, I'm still not scoring above 18 on my CDP exams, and I've been so caught up in Gen.Chem, O.Chem, and Bio that I realized today I've forgotten most of QR. I have to cram for it... =/ I know it's not a super-important section, but I don't want to score less than an 18 on it...

Members don't see this ad.

wow im motivated by the amount of work u're planning to do each day. i have like 7 days till the exam, and i plan to work on practice tests as much as possible, and go over destroyer one more time ~ ;)

practice tests?

I'd stick with practice tests like Achiever/Topscore. Keep doing CDP if your scores need the practice as well as Math Destroyer tests. Otherwise, I'd focus on the sciences with an emphasis on bio since the breadth of knowledge is so huge.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yea I forgot to mention practice exams. I have Topscore ordered but I wanted to save them for the middle of next week. Crap, I just realized 1 practice exam is going to eat up a ton of my study time for 1 day. I'll focus on them starting on Tuesday hopefully, and do 1 every other day until D-Day.

If you've already done destroyer bio once or twice, I would not do it again. If you do repeat it, don't actually do it. Look at back of answers while you go to do it faster.

also, please stay away from SDN from now on. You will be fine, just relax and keep on working. I'm excited for your breakdown. :thumbup:

If you've already done destroyer bio once or twice, I would not do it again. If you do repeat it, don't actually do it. Look at back of answers while you go to do it faster.

also, please stay away from SDN from now on. You will be fine, just relax and keep on working. I'm excited for your breakdown. :thumbup:

God bless you Dusk. Your breakdown was easily the best thing I've ever read in my entire life. I'll try my best to stay off the forums. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

God bless you Dusk. Your breakdown was easily the best thing I've ever read in my entire life. I'll try my best to stay off the forums. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
wow, thanks a lot man. that means a lot! I really wish you the best of luck, and pray you'll do well!

wow, thanks a lot man. that means a lot! I really wish you the best of luck, and pray you'll do well!

I appreciate that. Studying can take me only so far, and then comes God :D

P.S. I'm only on here because I'm pretty much done studying for the day besides about 50 more Bio problems in Destroyer and 1 more chapter to review in Cliff's. :laugh:

I appreciate that. Studying can take me only so far, and then comes God :D

P.S. I'm only on here because I'm pretty much done studying for the day besides about 50 more Bio problems in Destroyer and 1 more chapter to review in Cliff's. :laugh:
Lol, i hear ya, i hear ya. Just stop looking at breakdowns ;)

I second that, Dusk's breakdown was epic.

I take my exam tomorrow (after accidentally missing it a week ago, I had to reschedule), and I'm just at Starbucks reviewing all day.