Scott_L

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2001
Baltimore, MD
LWW.com
Status (Visible)
Hi Guys,

Seeing the PIMP forum isn't up yet, I decided to post this here. Mehta, the author of Step Up, has a new book out:

Step-Up to the Bedside, the second book in a series from the authors of Step-Up: A High-Yield Systems Based Review for the USMLE Step 1 Exam, is a compilation of 71 clinically-oriented cases. These cases provide basic science coverage of relevant material that is frequently tested on USMLE Step 1. Each case is introduced by the patient's presenting complaint, a brief history, physical, and laboratory data. A differential diagnosis provides a means to synthesize the historical and physical data. Final diagnosis is offered. Lavishly illustrated, the cases are also interspersed with "Quick Hits" or brief bullets that provide additional information.

I have 10 copies to give away but you have to answer this question:

What two things account for 80% of all cases of pancreatitis? FYI the answer can be found on page 202 of the text.

I'll send a free copy to the first 10 people who e-mail me at [email protected]

I'll try to do this on the PIMP forum with other new books as they come out.

Thanks!

Scott

Scott_L

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2001
Baltimore, MD
LWW.com
Status (Visible)
I've received 10 correct responses.

Thanks to everyone who responded. In a couple of weeks I will post another book. LWW has just published a new Eponyms book, Marcucci's Handbook of Medical Eponyms. Look for me to post an obscure Eponym for you to define.

Thanks!

Scott

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.