10 MCAT Practice Tests for $150 - Are they good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdcd67

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I found a site that gives 10 MCAT Practice Tests for $150. I was wondering if any of you had already purchased them, and if you guys know if the tests are good. They seem extremely cheap compared to the AAMC tests, but that makes me question their quality. So if any of you have taken these tests by chance, I'd really appreciate if you can tell me how they're like.

For ex.: Are they similar to the real MCAT's? Are they easier or harder? etc.

Here's the site: http://www.mcat-prep.com/Practice-Tests/

Thank you in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't read too many opinions on Gold Standard's practice FLs. Whenever I did read something, it was generally positive. Still, the AAMC are considered by most to be the best. I'd invest in those before GS.

i just bought them myself. the first one seems decent. easier than tpr, but harder than kaplan. i have yet to do aamc though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought this bundle back 6 months ago. I purchased using "Buy It Now" on Ebay for ~$100 which purchased the online access code to their website.

I didn't have time to fully utilize all 10 tests before I took the MCAT in September, but I did use about 5 full tests. I also took 3 AAMC tests. The GS tests do a decent job at mimicking what I saw on the actual MCAT. They also include explainations for all the answers, just like the AAMC practice tests.

The only real differences I saw were the price and the term of usage. GS is 6 months and AAMC are a full year. Oh, and I thought GS was slightly harder than the real MCAT

.........actually, the GS is 6 months if you buy the test through a third party (like eBay), but it a full year if you pay the $150 though the website.

Last edited:
I bought this bundle back 6 months ago. I purchased using "Buy It Now" on Ebay for ~$100 which purchased the online access code to their website.

I didn't have time to fully utilize all 10 tests before I took the MCAT in September, but I did use about 5 full tests. I also took 3 AAMC tests. The GS tests do a decent job at mimicking what I saw on the actual MCAT. They also include explainations for all the answers, just like the AAMC practice tests.

The only real differences I saw were the price and the term of usage. GS is 6 months and AAMC are a full year. Oh, and I thought GS was slightly harder than the real MCAT.

Oh wow, I guess they aren't that bad after all. I think I might try it out, not sure yet.

By the way, thank you everyone for your input. It's greatly appreciated! :)

AAMC ones are the best. Try all 3-10 before you try other stuff.

I've been reading this a lot; time permitting, wouldn't it be more beneficial to do all AAMC right before the real thing?

I've been reading this a lot; time permitting, wouldn't it be more beneficial to do all AAMC right before the real thing?

Absolutely. Make sure your schedule permits you to do all the AAMC practice tests before you try other full length exams, especially if you think you've already covered your base and you want to see where you stand.