10 on first AAMC FL verbal, 6 on second FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nickelbackfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a little early to hit the panic button? I'm not sure how to evaluate what went wrong. Would you guys say to keep on taking more FL's and track my progress?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a strategy for the verbal section? (ie have you read any strategies developed by one of the MCAT prep companies or any other authority on the subject)

Taking a bunch of tests won't make you better if you don't have any idea what you are doing wrong or how to find good answers.

Personally, I like the EK strategy. I was in a slump on the verbal section until I read their strategy and now my scores are pretty consistently 11 with the occasional 10 thrown in.

Do you have a strategy for the verbal section? (ie have you read any strategies developed by one of the MCAT prep companies or any other authority on the subject)

Taking a bunch of tests won't make you better if you don't have any idea what you are doing wrong or how to find good answers.

Personally, I like the EK strategy. I was in a slump on the verbal section until I read their strategy and now my scores are pretty consistently 11 with the occasional 10 thrown in.
Well I try to read for the main idea and after each passage I stop and try to summarize what the author's position is, support provided, ect but I feel like running through the answers of verbal isn't really helping me...

Wtf is there strategy anyways? It just says, read, do questions, do everything in order and as fast as possible. avoid extreme choices and that's all..

Members don't see this ad :)
Wtf is there strategy anyways? It just says, read, do questions, do everything in order and as fast as possible. avoid extreme choices and that's all..

That is a straw man. There is a lot more to their strategy than speed reading and avoiding obviously wrong answers. They teach you to analyze the questions and answers in ways that would not be immediately obvious to all people. They also teach you how to read the passage efficiently so that you don't have to keep rereading it.

That is a straw man. There is a lot more to their strategy than speed reading and avoiding obviously wrong answers. They teach you to analyze the questions and answers in ways that would not be immediately obvious to all people. They also teach you how to read the passage efficiently so that you don't have to keep rereading it.

I was just getting frustrated because everyone keeps on bloating ek vr strategy and just keep on saying their vr success are cause of ek but I read their vr twice and listened to the vr stuff on audio osmosis but I dont see any improvement.

I guess I'll have to go over what they say one more time.

I don't think you know what a straw man is.

I don't think you know what a straw man is.

A straw man is when you present someone's position/opinion/methods/whatever in an unfairly extreme or weak manner and then proceed to attack that misrepresentation of the person's position/opinion/methods/whatever.

The term comes from the idea that you are knocking down a straw man instead of the real person.

I think you don't know what it means.