12 days to spend book fund

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetpea7070

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, So I need some ideas on pathology books. I basically have no collection aside from Sternberg and "Differential Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology" and am coming to the end of my second year. I have a limited amount of money, ~$200, to spend before July 1st...any good basic surg path book recommendations? I was thinking of Rosen's "Breast Pathology: Diagnosis by Needle Core Biopsy". Any other thoughts? If I go with Rosen's, then any ideas on books that cost only $40-50 (I can get Rosen's used on Amazon for ~$150). Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

The Robbins Atlas is ~$50 and has a ton of pictures. I flipped through it right before the boards and definitely got my money's worth.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you need a cheap book, I'd recommend Clinical Pathology Pearls by Steven Jones.

Some of the CP textbooks aren't all that expensive. You can get Henry's & Koneman's. Together, they probably cost $200.

As for AP books, the AFIP fascicles & WHO books aren't terribly expensive. They're slightly over $100 per book, so just throw in some extra cash, & you can pick up 2.

----- Antony

Hey everyone, So I need some ideas on pathology books. I basically have no collection aside from Sternberg and "Differential Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology" and am coming to the end of my second year. I have a limited amount of money, ~$200, to spend before July 1st...any good basic surg path book recommendations? I was thinking of Rosen's "Breast Pathology: Diagnosis by Needle Core Biopsy". Any other thoughts? If I go with Rosen's, then any ideas on books that cost only $40-50 (I can get Rosen's used on Amazon for ~$150). Thanks!!

"WHO Classification of Tumours: Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues"

Order here: http://www.iarc.fr/WHO-BlueBooks/

I hate hemepath, but you need to know it for AP and/or CP boards, and this is the ONLY hemepath book you'll ever need. Invaluable.

The WHO Bone-Soft Tissue book is excellent as well.

Both of these would kill your $200.

"WHO Classification of Tumours: Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues"

Order here: http://www.iarc.fr/WHO-BlueBooks/

I hate hemepath, but you need to know it for AP and/or CP boards, and this is the ONLY hemepath book you'll ever need. Invaluable.

The WHO Bone-Soft Tissue book is excellent as well.

Both of these would kill your $200.

There is a new Heme book coming out (supposedly by the end of the year), so you should hold off if possible.