1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

12 students at GW matched optho this year. Is that normal?

Discussion in 'Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons' started by HamOnWholeWheat, Apr 6, 2004.

1. HamOnWholeWheat

HamOnWholeWheat Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

The class size was roughly 160, and 12/12 matched optho. That sounds high to me, but I don't know. Does that sound excessive to anyone else?

HamOn

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Andrew_Doan

Andrew_Doan Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    12/12 is impressive.

4. nyeyes

nyeyes Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I met a few GW kids on the trail, & they all told me that 12 is an atypically high # 4 them, but 12/12 is well done 4 GW.. I also heard a rumor that harvard had like 20 kids apply 4 ophtho, not sure if this is accurate or how many matched..

5. Gottschalk

Gottschalk Member
    7+ Year Member

I heard on the interview trail from a Harvard grad that there were also a huge number applying to ophtho. He said that they all matched. The interesting thing is that he said that not one of them matched at MEEI--by their choice. Apparently, this is the first time MEEI didn't match one of their own. I thought that it was an intersting tidbit from the interview trail and couldn't resist to share it.

6. Andrew_Doan

Andrew_Doan Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    They all decided not to attend, or was it because their program didn't want them?

7. Gottschalk

Gottschalk Member
    7+ Year Member

I was told by the Harvard grad that by their choice this years Harvard grads did not match at MEEI despite being ranked to do so. Again--interview trail gossip--take it for what it's worth.