HamOnWholeWheat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2002
Visit site
Status
The class size was roughly 160, and 12/12 matched optho. That sounds high to me, but I don't know. Does that sound excessive to anyone else?

HamOn

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2002
San Diego, CA
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
12/12 is impressive.

nyeyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I met a few GW kids on the trail, & they all told me that 12 is an atypically high # 4 them, but 12/12 is well done 4 GW.. I also heard a rumor that harvard had like 20 kids apply 4 ophtho, not sure if this is accurate or how many matched..

About the Ads

Gottschalk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
I heard on the interview trail from a Harvard grad that there were also a huge number applying to ophtho. He said that they all matched. The interesting thing is that he said that not one of them matched at MEEI--by their choice. Apparently, this is the first time MEEI didn't match one of their own. I thought that it was an intersting tidbit from the interview trail and couldn't resist to share it.

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2002
San Diego, CA
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by Gottschalk
Apparently, this is the first time MEEI didn't match one of their own.
They all decided not to attend, or was it because their program didn't want them?

Gottschalk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
I was told by the Harvard grad that by their choice this years Harvard grads did not match at MEEI despite being ranked to do so. Again--interview trail gossip--take it for what it's worth.

About the Ads