Quantcast

123 CARS...How realistic is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

Pup5

Your CARS score will not be a problem at most DO schools. Which schools did you apply to?
Right now, I just submitted my primary to PCOM only, and I'm waiting for it to be verified. I plan on applying to 20 other schools.

Cleo_girl

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
You improved a lot on the other MCAT sections, your GPAs are great, and your EC's also look great! It is a little late in the cycle, but I wouldn't say too late. If you have good LORs and a good personal statement that is also going to help you a lot. I would recommend trying to look for the supplemental questions and pre write your answers to get those in ASAP once you receive them.

just for anecdotal evidence, my friend last year applied in October and got into a DO school with similar GPA and a 505 MCAT

The process of getting into med school seems like a crazy lottery numbers game, if you feel you can be successful in applying right now I would say go for it! Can't get in if you don't try. Then again, I am just another premed applicant so what do I know :whistle:

ciestar

All grown up!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You improved a lot on the other MCAT sections, your GPAs are great, and your EC's also look great! It is a little late in the cycle, but I wouldn't say too late. If you have good LORs and a good personal statement that is also going to help you a lot. I would recommend trying to look for the supplemental questions and pre write your answers to get those in ASAP once you receive them.

just for anecdotal evidence, my friend last year applied in October and got into a DO school with similar GPA and a 505 MCAT

The process of getting into med school seems like a crazy lottery numbers game, if you feel you can be successful in applying right now I would say go for it! Can't get in if you don't try. Then again, I am just another premed applicant so what do I know :whistle:

It's not too late in the cycle, even for MD. DO goes much longer.

Reactions: 1 user

edgerock24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your advisor sucks and shouldn't be giving advice.

You'll be fine.

SLU Student

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Really? Then what's considered "slightly late" for DO?

The D.O. cycle runs all the way to March of next year. I would say being complete after the month of October would be considered a little "late."