13 inch vs 14 inch screen laptop. Which one is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyclohexane101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please advise .

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, 15 because the monitor is bigger so managing browsers is easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I go 15/17 so I have the number pad on the side, plus I have very large hands.

Lately though I've been looking the slimmer 13 inch ones.

All about preference

I owned a 17" for 6 years and recently moved to a 13". I love the 13". Easier to lug around and it takes up less space.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally enjoy 13 inch laptops better because of how compact they are and are not as heavy. I keep a monitor in my room for when I want to work on a big screen, but otherwise the 13 inch size is perfect for me

Reactions: 1 user
Depends on your needs. Bigger screens will hog more power so it'll be bad if you plan to be on the go often. If you plan to stay plugged all the time or use it as a primary device, I'd lean towards the 15". If this is a word processing and web browsing device, go with the 13".

I recently switched to a 13 inch as well and I also prefer it just because it's lighter. It has totally helped with the weight of my backpack. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm assuming this is the macbook pro, the 13" is extremely lighter compared to the 15". The huge trade off is the screen size and the speaker grills on the side.

Having speakers can be the deal breaker if you tend to watch shows, movies, and etc in your dorm/apartment/house.

Take a look at the Dell XPS 15. It has thin bezels so it has the footprint of a smaller laptop and it isn't too heavy. I like having a larger screen so I can split the screen and increase productivity.

13 inches because it fits on a desk perfectly and leaves you space to write. It is also lighter in your backpack so you can injure your back AFTER you become a dentist like the rest of us instead of before while in school.

14 inch laptops are available and make a great compromise. Would recommend that size.

This is 'murica. The bigger the better!

Can't go wrong with a 13" or 14". 15"+ I tend to shy away from. Comes down to your personal preference. Go to best buy and try them out is probably the best advice i can give you.