14 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes, and 43 seconds left until I open my match envelope!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noelle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:scared: I'm going through the roller coaster of emotions today. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'll SPEND THE NEXT THREE YEARS OF MY LIFE!!!
Ugh. Is this making anyone else crazy? I know statistically I have a great chance of ending up at my top three, maybe even my top one but what if I don't? Thank goodness KU is playing basketball tonight, that's 2 hours I won't think about matching AND the Big 12 tourney is coming soon, that's a whole four days! Maybe there's still hope I'll make it for 14 more days.
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Strangely enough, I'm really not very nervous even though I have no idea where I'll end up. I guess because even though I liked my #1 best, my top 6 are all pretty much fine and I figure I'll end up at one of them. I really just ended up ranking based on location.

I was wondering where all my anxiety went, but I am afraid I gave it to Noelle. Girl, give it back to me... I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not worrying! (ha ha!)

Members don't see this ad :)
PairODocs said:
I was wondering where all my anxiety went, but I am afraid I gave it to Noelle. Girl, give it back to me... I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not worrying! (ha ha!)

Some of the insanity from today has passed. I just have to remind myself to keep focusing on finishing my MPH!! :) Luckily, I'll be pretty the next two weeks so hopefully that will take me mind off the Big Day.

As of an hour ago, I have finished my last rotation, Step II CS(stupid, stupid waste of money), and Step II CK. I now have nothing to do but worry about that lovely moment in 2 weeks. I shall do my best to fill it with friends, good food, etoh, hiking, and sleep!!! May we all be happily suprised with our first choices on that lucky green day! Good luck to you all! :luck: :)

I'm going to bring my midget, I mean my leprechaun, with me to match day and get him drunk.

Noelle said:
:scared: I'm going through the roller coaster of emotions today. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'll SPEND THE NEXT THREE YEARS OF MY LIFE!!!
Ugh. Is this making anyone else crazy? I know statistically I have a great chance of ending up at my top three, maybe even my top one but what if I don't? Thank goodness KU is playing basketball tonight, that's 2 hours I won't think about matching AND the Big 12 tourney is coming soon, that's a whole four days! Maybe there's still hope I'll make it for 14 more days.
:luck:

I know how you feel.. I think this process is just as madenning for my wife. Afterall, I know I'll be doing a pediatric residency next year wherever I go -- not quite the same for her since she'll be job-hunting wherever we go.

ps -- check my sig for an updated countdown.. ;)

The match is dumb. Why do we have to wait this long? The computer figured out the match results like 2 months ago!