14 days till MCAT: will this be enough practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing content review for about 5 weeks now, and I'm about 3 days away from finishing. I'm worried I haven't done enough practice yet, and my plan is to do 1 practice test per day until the day of the MCAT. Since I'll finish content review within 3 days, I'll have about 10 days left to take MCAT's for practice and do EK Verbal passages. I know it's not much time, but I'm willing to put in 8-10 hours a day of practice.

Each practice test is about 4 hours long (without writing), and each verbal section (on the old EK Verbal) is 80 minutes long, so I figure I can do 1 practice test and 1 practice verbal section per day and still have a few hours to review what I did. Will 10 practice tests be decent practice?

I'm planning to buy AAMC 4-10 (I did 3 already), and I have access to Kaplan 1-6 (does anyone have favorite Kaplan tests among those six?).

Members don't see this ad.

I've been doing content review for about 5 weeks now, and I'm about 3 days away from finishing. I'm worried I haven't done enough practice yet, and my plan is to do 1 practice test per day until the day of the MCAT. Since I'll finish content review within 3 days,

I don't think that it will be adequate practice to get a 37-38.

Actually, I'm taking the MCAT in 3 weeks and can only hope for a a 37+ score. But I was wondering whether you guys think I'll get interview invites from top med schools (ie: top 15) with a 3.8/3.85, 37-38 MCAT, 1st author pub, several years of EMT/hospital volunteer experiences, small amount of shadowing, 3 summers and 1 year of research experience.

Depends on how smart you are but I agree with Pons (made me think of the functions of different regions of brain). You need more tests.

I don't think that it will be adequate practice to get a 37-38.

Depends on how smart you are but I agree with Pons (made me think of the functions of different regions of brain). You need more tests.

Thanks for the opinions. I guess if I'm not scoring 37's and 38's on my later practice tests, and I feel like I could improve more with additional practice, I may end up canceling this registration and taking it in the spring. Otherwise, I'll just try my best :).

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been doing content review for about 5 weeks now, and I'm about 3 days away from finishing. I'm worried I haven't done enough practice yet, and my plan is to do 1 practice test per day until the day of the MCAT. Since I'll finish content review within 3 days, I'll have about 10 days left to take MCAT's for practice and do EK Verbal passages. I know it's not much time, but I'm willing to put in 8-10 hours a day of practice.

Each practice test is about 4 hours long (without writing), and each verbal section (on the old EK Verbal) is 80 minutes long, so I figure I can do 1 practice test and 1 practice verbal section per day and still have a few hours to review what I did. Will 10 practice tests be decent practice?

I'm planning to buy AAMC 4-10 (I did 3 already), and I have access to Kaplan 1-6 (does anyone have favorite Kaplan tests among those six?).

Try your best but keep in mind that reviewing your mcats fully and thorougly after you take them is just as important if not more than actually taking the mcat. This way you can begin to identify patterns in your mistakes and with the style of questions on the test. A detailed review of a taken test generally takes 1 1/2 to 2 times the amount of time devoted to taking the test. So if you do end up doing 10 tests, your not going to have time for this.

why ae you asking us if it will be enough practice. you know your own strengths and limitations. work hard and know what you're capable of.
you don't need to tell us what you plan to do as if we'll know the outcome. just do your work and take the test if you feel ready.