140K in the bank, no kids, no debt, no house, no long-term relationship, no retirement saved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justjoe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
question answered

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Look for a job with cvs wag wmt or rad. They will pay you more with more hours, holiday pay, vacation pay, bonus and 401k matching.

Take care of yourself first. The owner doesn't care about you. Frankly, no one does.

Start putting your 140k to use. Invest it or buy a few houses for passive income.

Members don't see this ad :)
140k could get you into a decent duplex to flip. You can put whatever down payment you're comfortable with without blowing the whole load, use some for repairs, then rent out both sides. Use the income to slowly start acquiring more properties. Keep working part time for insurance and to have something to do. I like to think that's what I would do if I wasn't saddled with all this stupid debt.

Hate the most to see thread like this when people put up how much they have in the bank and such ..I mean who cares if you have 1 Million...There are a lot of people who are richer and poorer than you.

Hate the most to see thread like this when people put up how much they have in the bank and such ..I mean who cares if you have 1 Million...There are a lot of people who are richer and poorer than you.
The man is just asking for help on what he should do with his money. What does richer or poorer people have anything to do with it?

Reactions: 1 user
If you think you can run the pharmacy better, ask to buy it. Independent pharmacies require A LOT of work, but they can be lucrative.