15 PAT/QR. Do i still have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Habiba91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i just took my DAT today.
Here is a breakdown of my scores:
BIO:20, GC: 20, OC: 18, RC:20, QR:15, PAT:15 TS:19, AA:19
GPA: 3.09 (undergrad+post bacc)

I have already submitted my application. I'm applying to 13 schools this cycle.
UMD/VCU/NOVA/LECOM/TUFTS/BU/UK/Louisville/UCSF/Howard/MWU-IL/Pittsburgh/MSC/USN/ Puerto Rico (i know right)

I am absolutely devastated by my PAT and QR scores. I used bootcamp for like 3 months, and i could only score up to 17/18 on bootcamp. But i just don't understand how it dropped that low on the real thing. It's already the first week of august, and retaking it this far into the cycle means i'll be missing a lot of the deadlines. Do you guys know anybody who has been accepted with PAT scores that low? Also, this is my second time taking the DAT. I scored really low the first time on PAT as well. Im talking super low. I focused heavily on PAT this time around because i was confident about my improvement, but there it was LOUD AND CLEAR on the screen! Like BOOM. Can't sleep now. I've been reading here for a while now, and i came across a post where someone said they knew a person who got in with a 15 on PAT and QR. I have never contacted a school mid-cycle. Do you just call the admissions office and explain the situation pretty much?

Bottom line: do i even stand a chance at this point??

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, you're in a tough position. Contact the schools you are interested in and see what they say.
Best of luck

Ok, so i just took my DAT today.
Here is a breakdown of my scores:
BIO:20, GC: 20, OC: 18, RC:20, QR:15, PAT:15 TS:19, AA:19
GPA: 3.09 (undergrad+post bacc)

I have already submitted my application. I'm applying to 13 schools this cycle.
UMD/VCU/NOVA/LECOM/TUFTS/BU/UK/Louisville/UCSF/Howard/MWU-IL/Pittsburgh/MSC/USN/ Puerto Rico (i know right)

I am absolutely devastated by my PAT and QR scores. I used bootcamp for like 3 months, and i could only score up to 17/18 on bootcamp. But i just don't understand how it dropped that low on the real thing. It's already the first week of august, and retaking it this far into the cycle means i'll be missing a lot of the deadlines. Do you guys know anybody who has been accepted with PAT scores that low? Also, this is my second time taking the DAT. I scored really low the first time on PAT as well. Im talking super low. I focused heavily on PAT this time around because i was confident about my improvement, but there it was LOUD AND CLEAR on the screen! Like BOOM. Can't sleep now. I've been reading here for a while now, and i came across a post where someone said they knew a person who got in with a 15 on PAT and QR. I have never contacted a school mid-cycle. Do you just call the admissions office and explain the situation pretty much?

Bottom line: do i even stand a chance at this point??

Did you do any research on the schools? I know a lot of schools have a cutoff (usually 17). I know Howard has a minimum of 18 for each section listed on their site.

http://healthsciences.howard.edu/education/colleges/dentistry/admissions/minimum-qualifications

Also, do you speak spanish? I think that is a requirement for Puerto Rico. And I know BU has a minimum for PAT of 17. I would definitely look into each school and contact each of their admisisons departments and see if it is worth it. You don't want to pay unnecessary supplemental app fees if they are just going to toss your app out because of scores.

Reactions: 1 user