bedrock

15+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The ASC where I am now working, has a Stryker unit. (not my decision). The ASC was screwed by the Stryker rep and is paying way more for the RF generator than they should. To add insult to injury, Stryker is charging them 24 dollars per RF cannulae, and $313 dollars!!! for a venom. The rep even says they don't offer a 16G cannulae, likely because they want to force you to buy their overpriced Venom.

So anyway, I'm now there to clean this up.

Can anyway please recommend a solid aftermarket sources for RF cannulae that are compatible with Stryker RF generator?, I use cannulae in both 18G and 16G sizes. If there is an option for aftermarket grounding pads, I'd take that too.

Thanks

Apr 13, 2016
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you do a decent amount of either BoSci or Medtronic SCS, talk to their rep about placing an RF machine for free. BoSci owns Cosman now. We have one in office. The machine is inexpensive but the probes, even nitinol, have been disappointing in durability. I’ve read good things about the Medtronic machine from several on this board. We have a Stryker machine at our ASC - overall I like it but it is pricy. Tell them you are looking into other vendors and need to get the disposable price down if they want to keep your business. If you use other Stryker products (eg kypho), ask for a discount based on that. Third party disposables are an option but may void the warranty (seems ricidulous but that’s what we were told).

Ronin1

SDN Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2017
Sunny Florida
The ASC where I am now working, has a Stryker unit. (not my decision). The ASC was screwed by the Stryker rep and is paying way more for the RF generator than they should. To add insult to injury, Stryker is charging them 24 dollars per RF cannulae, and $313 dollars!!! for a venom. The rep even says they don't offer a 16G cannulae, likely because they want to force you to buy their overpriced Venom.

Can anyway please recommend a solid aftermarket sources for RF cannulae that are compatible with Stryker RF generator?, I use cannulae in both 18G and 16G sizes. If there is an option for aftermarket grounding pads, I'd take that too.

Thanks
I don’t think there is a compatible 16g for the Stryker probes. That’s why I’m probably switching to the MDT unit. We do use a generic grounding pad from epimed though. It’s cheap

also the mdt deal for placement for not require you to use their scs. I’m 100% abbott

About the Ads

pastafan

Interventional Pain Physician
7+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Use 3M return pads, they are around $1.50. dumedical.com has 18 g for around $10 and also cheap return pads but they are on the small side compared to 3M.

NJPAIN

7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2011
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

Thanks
You are correct; the purpose to to force you to use Venom. There are no "compatible" 16ga cannulae that I am aware of. Stryker probes are not a standard length. I made the mistake of having the hospital buy 16ga cannulae from St Jude and then having the Stryker rep present when I attempted to use one. She had a nuclear meltdown. I got the explanation as to why they are incompatible and how I would void their warranty and absolve them of all liability should a machine malfunction injure the patient. I then confirmed the incompatibility with the aftermarket cannula manufacturers. This alone is a reason I would NEVER buy an RF generator from Stryker again. I was the fool who asked them to buy the Stryker unit. Fortunately it was the hospital (not ASC) and not my money.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.