1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

17 to 24 in a month?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by audilover, Jul 22, 2011.

1. audilover

7+ Year Member

abra kadabra

#1 audilover, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. joeDO2

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i started with a 17 and went to a 27 in 6 months using some exam krackers and a kaplan course. i think its definitely doable to go 17 to 24 in a month

4. PhaseShift11

I'd say that's highly possible. People can go up 5-6 points between FL initially, plus it seems like you haven't done much studying (yet). If you studied 8 hours a day for a couple weeks you could probably get to 22+, and then worked hard for the next two as well you could easily get 24+.

5. crafty14

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think it can be done. It seems easier to make significant improvements from a lower score than a higher one, especially since you still have a lot of content review left. It's also probably a good sign that your verbal is your strongest point as this would be the hardest to improve significantly in one month.

I took a Kaplan course and got 19 on the diagnostic and a 26 on the next FL 1 month later (probably studying about 4 hrs/day at that point due to my work schedule) and have continued to rise into the low 30s.

6. audilover

7+ Year Member

abra kadabra

#5 audilover, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  7. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think you can bump up that 3 in BS pretty easily...

8. ash914

5+ Year Member

In this short a time, Verbal isn't going to go up much since that usually involves a lot of practice. Maybe do a few passages here and there, but just make sure you can get to where you finish on time.

For BS and PS, study examkrackers or PR's hyperlearning books if you can get them. EK would probably be enough for you to review BS and get it to an 8 or so within a month. Go through the official topic list, find anything you honestly don't know at all, and focus on those topics. Something like Audio Osmosis might work too for downtime. Just make sure you set aside the last week or so before the test to do at least a couple of FL's and thoroughly review them.

It's definitely doable, but it will be a difficult month.