18 on Practice AAMC...MCAT in two weeks...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

One Chance

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No matter what I am taking this exam Sept. 6th....with such a crunch for time What Should I Do at this point?!?!?

I have all of the AAMC exams and assessments, I am constantly making careless mistakes. I don't see the mistakes when I actually take the exam but when I review the exam I see them

Thank you in advanced for your help

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I have all of Kaplan Online material, I have all the EK books, I have all the TPR books, I have Gold Standard, and Audio Osmosis, at this point I just feel so overwhelmed I don't know where to begin, I stay up each night studying and I still dont see significant results

Members don't see this ad :)
No matter what I am taking this exam Sept. 6th....with such a crunch for time What Should I Do at this point?!?!?

I have all of the AAMC exams and assessments, I am constantly making careless mistakes. I don't see the mistakes when I actually take the exam but when I review the exam I see them

Thank you in advanced for your help

:confused:

Take it from a stubborn person who insisted on taking the MCAT one month after scoring 18 on AAMC 3. I should have listened to everyone on SDN who advised me to postpone to the September test. Consequently, I scored in the low 20's and wasted my opportunity to apply this cycle.

THERE'S NO FREAKING WAY YOU WILL BE PREPARED FOR THE SEPTEMBER TEST

Obviously, you have a low baseline score, indicating a weak content knowledge.

AGAIN, POSTPONE YOUR TEST OR TAKE AND VOID...unless you don't mind having a sub-20 score under your belt.

Postpone/Void should be your first instinct. If for some reason you cannot do that, keep reading.

Go thru all the answer choices of all the questions of all the practice tests and practice material you have done so far and understand why each answer choices is wrong or right. Do not cut corners, and make a list (typed or written) of all tidbits of info that you did not know, do not know, easily miss, and any stupid mistakes you might make again. If you want to improve significantly, DO NOT CUT CORNERS. Ultimately, whether you improve or not is dependent on whether or not you want to put in the effort.

I'm making the leap of assuming that you don't go over your practice as meticulously as you should because you wouldn't be scoring so low otherwise.

Finish all your practice test reviewing within the next 1-3 days and take one practice test each day from then on, go through each practice test that same day or the next day, no later, with the same dedication previously mentioned. Do at least one science drill (7 passage+ freestanding Qs) a day and review it within a couple hours, per day. Start each day with a verbal drill (7 passages) and review within a couple hours. Read and actively take notes (also do example problems) on the chapter of any topic you feel shaky on (at least one per day) then search a youtube video on that topic and watch (khanacademy.org is good for this) - one per day.

That being said, best of luck on your exam.

Thank you all so much, I will take all of your advice, please keep me in your prayers, I'm "really " going to need it