18AA 19TS WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GokuNarutoSaitama

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: Apply next cycle
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
18 AA 19TS 17QR 18RC 18Bio 17 GC 21OC (Sad, I know)
State of Residence: OH

Major: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Minor: -
Minority? No (English is my second language)
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? Yes

Shadowing Experience: 10 hours(plan on shadowing more)
Volunteering Experience: 80 hours transportation in hospital
Employment: 2 years as a lab technician
Research: -
Other Extracurriculars: 1 year treasurer in pre-med club
School list:
Case Western Reserve University
LECOM
UNE
Western University of Health Sciences

Should I stick with this score or retake it? Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

If it’s your first time taking it, you should retake it. You can do a lot better although based off ADEA’s data, score averages of retakers are lower than first time test takers.

Reactions: 1 user
I would also say retake. Your GPA is decent so with a 20+ DAT I think you’d be in a much better position. I also think your extracurriculars, volunteering and shadowing are lacking. You should aim to have at least 100 hours of shadowing and volunteering. Schools also like if you have some sort of leadership experience in your ecs. Definitely apply to OSU if you are an Ohio resident!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If it’s your first time taking it, you should retake it. You can do a lot better although based off ADEA’s data, score averages of retakers are lower than first time test takers.
Yes, it is my first time taking and I will retake it. Thanks for your input!!

I would also say retake. Your GPA is decent so with a 20+ DAT I think you’d be in a much better position. I also think your extracurriculars, volunteering and shadowing are lacking. You should aim to have at least 100 hours of shadowing and volunteering. Schools also like if you have some sort of leadership experience in your ecs. Definitely apply to OSU if you are an Ohio resident!
I will definitely add more EC. Thanks for your input!!

Yes, it is my first time taking and I will retake it. Thanks for your input!!
Yea honestly, with a GPA like that, it’s best to retake so you’ll have more options on schools to choose from and not stress yourself out through the process. It’s not worth applying with a high GPA like that when you have a low DAT score. Can definitely better your chances .