190, 3.5 weeks out. Just want to pass.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruceWilly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the last eight weeks:

One pass of first aid.
Two passes of sketchy micro
50% usmle world complete (random timed)
NBME 17: 196
75% usmle world complete (random timed)
One pass of pathoma.
NBME 13: 190
Moved my exam back to 3.5 weeks from now.

Not really sure what to do. My plan is to finish usmle world and then maybe do another pass of all of my Incorrects. Not sure if I should do it system wise or random timed.

I feel like my knowledge base is good. I just can't apply it to concepts, and my educated guesses are terrible.

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

One pass of first aid.
Not enough. You cannot do anything more time efficient than FA.
Finish UW, look at your weak areas. Go through FA again, be sure you understand every... single... word.

I just can't apply it to concepts, and my educated guesses are terrible.
You may want to do more questions. Do you think you could do URx? That's 2 blocks a day.

So finish Uworld and then spend a couple of weeks reading first aid in the mornings and redoing incorrect UWorld questions system wise on tutor mode?

One pass of first aid isn't enough.

Not sure how you want to approach Uw, but make sure you get down FA. My exam was ALL FA, legit.

Members don't see this ad :)
2.5 weeks until my exam, just finished Uworld. Going to do a second pass of usmle world reviewing objectives for every question and skipping things I'm comfortable with. We'll see how it goes. If I don't get a second pass in, I've just missed 2,200 flash cards and completely wasted my time.

1000 questions into my second pass of Uworld, referencing first aid when I don't feel good about a question. I'm averaging 81% on my random blocks. I feel like I could comfortably pass at this point.

I can't push my exam back anymore and feel like an NBME would just potentially destroy my confidence and waste a learning day so I'm going to go for it in a few days without another assessment. We'll see...

i dont recommend going into the exam wihout taking an nbme, but i do know how you feel. i felt the same way before my exam. Regardless of what you decide to do, good luck to you. you got this!

For anyone following this, got my score back today: 205-215. Getting only 4 hours of sleep the night before definitely affected my recall on game day, but hey it could have been worse. Just thankful that I'm done with that exam.

Reactions: 7 users