1st EK 30 minute lecture exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

when you guys first started out with the EK books about what were your first scores running for the in class 30 min lecture exams, i just took my first one in chem and got only a 6, also did you ever look at some explinations, and be like What the F???????, or know a question relates to a topic you went over but you have no idea how they got the answer. Is this normak in the beginning, do you spend hours trying to figure out only a few problems or move on to not get discouraged......

ps im not taking the august exam, so i have time

Members don't see this ad.

MSc44 said:
when you guys first started out with the EK books about what were your first scores running for the in class 30 min lecture exams, i just took my first one in chem and got only a 6, also did you ever look at some explinations, and be like What the F???????, or know a question relates to a topic you went over but you have no idea how they got the answer. Is this normak in the beginning, do you spend hours trying to figure out only a few problems or move on to not get discouraged......

ps im not taking the august exam, so i have time

hey man, my first EK lecture exam was physics 1 and I got a 10, but on the second and third physics exams I got 8 and 7. I think that the lecture exams ask really specific questions and are probably harder than the real thing, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As for chem and bio, I've actually been doing well (10+) on those, but yes they are difficult. Don't get discouraged as long as you feel like you know the material, even if you're getting some questions wrong. I'm telling myself that as long as I'm comfortable with the material, I'll be fine, even if I'm messing up on the lecture exams. I highly doubt the MCAT will be as tricky as these lecture exams. Good luck!

Oh yeah, maybe you should consider the 1001 books for the subject(s) you feel weak in. I just ordered the physics one.

PS YES sometimes EK's explanations make me go WT*. Also sometimes they ask questions about things they either didn't cover or will cover in later lectures. I wouldn't worry about it.

Broccoli said:
hey man, my first EK lecture exam was physics 1 and I got a 10, but on the second and third physics exams I got 8 and 7. I think that the lecture exams ask really specific questions and are probably harder than the real thing, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As for chem and bio, I've actually been doing well (10+) on those, but yes they are difficult. Don't get discouraged as long as you feel like you know the material, even if you're getting some questions wrong. I'm telling myself that as long as I'm comfortable with the material, I'll be fine, even if I'm messing up on the lecture exams. I highly doubt the MCAT will be as tricky as these lecture exams. Good luck!

Oh yeah, maybe you should consider the 1001 books for the subject(s) you feel weak in. I just ordered the physics one.

PS YES sometimes EK's explanations make me go WT*. Also sometimes they ask questions about things they either didn't cover or will cover in later lectures. I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks bud
I have a HIGH GPA UG and GRZad in mol bio.........this exam blows ass