• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

1st Semester Grade Update worth it?

AlphaMagnum

Jul 14, 2011
  1. Pre-Medical
    I've applied to ~25 schools between the US and Canada (I live in Saskatchewan), received my share of rejections, and don't have any acceptances yet unfortunately.

Most Canadian schools indicate whether they want my first-term transcripts sent to them and I've obliged with as much haste as possible. I haven't found any indication either way on American med school websites so I figured I'd bring my question here.

My most recent semester's GPA continues to reflect an upward trend in my grades, kind of like a second mountainpeak (the first peak being first year and the valley being second year/1st half of third year).

That feels significant to me, but not in an earthshaking kind of way, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to send my latest transcripts to the schools which haven't made a decision on my application yet. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

PS: To everyone else applying this cycle, I know your pain. It's not fun to wonder whether you'll get in anywhere.

AlphaMagnum

Jul 14, 2011
    1. Pre-Medical
      Thanks for the advice. I'll likely do just that, but unfortunately McGill has no way for me to print or download my own transcripts. The only thing I can do is request that they send official printed transcripts from the Registrar's office, which'll take 2 weeks to happen rather than just a day for me to download and upload. What can I do?

About the Ads

MedPR

Membership Revoked
      Removed
      Dec 1, 2011
      1. Pre-Podiatry
        Thanks for the advice. I'll likely do just that, but unfortunately McGill has no way for me to print or download my own transcripts. The only thing I can do is request that they send official printed transcripts from the Registrar's office, which'll take 2 weeks to happen rather than just a day for me to download and upload. What can I do?

Can't print your own transcript? That's lame. I guess you'd have to wait for your registrar...

I just viewed my unofficial transcript online, printed to PDF, then sent it as an attachment.

YankyDoodle

Feb 29, 2012
        1. Pre-Medical

Generally speaking most schools will accept an update letter/email where you simply mention your courses and grades received. If they don't believe you or want further proof they can ask request it from you. Obviously don't lie, if you do get accepted they will eventually see your transcript with actual grades.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.