1st Semester grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPMo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well........... 1st semester is finally over and grades are in.
Gen Chem 1=B
Gen Chem Lab=B
Engl 1101=B
pre Calc=B
Freshman class=A (yes!!!:laugh:)
What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Good news is youve got plenty of time to bring up the GPA. Just keep working hard and do your best to get as many As as possible by the time you apply. If you start doin better in a majority of your classes (ie more As than Bs) then this first semester wont kill you.

like i've said in many other posts:

1. work hard on your pre reqs for medical school....those A's are the most important
2. go to class...you can almost guarantee a higher grade than a B by consistently going to class and actively learning
3. do not stress over a B if you get one....try something new next semester to improve your grades.
4. if you work hard all semester, it makes finals weeks so much more easy because you will know your material that much better in which achieving an A becomes a consistent manner in your education instead of 'I GOT AN A!'
5. expand your horizons, extracurriculars, work/jobs, shadowing experience, and research
6. start recording/keep a journal of everything you do related to medicine, that way your personal statement will rock
7. enjoy your breaks...don't be stuck in a library...adcoms want human beings not books in their schools
8. you are in college, find a hobby, take cool classes that you will never take again
9. slap a gunner
10. maintain your emotional, physical, and mental health

Members don't see this ad :)
Intro to Criminal Justice: B+
Intro to Psychology: A
College Writing: A
Intro to Sociology: A
Public Speaking: A
GPA: 3.9

I hate general education requirements.

Intro to Criminal Justice: B+
Intro to Psychology: A
College Writing: A
Intro to Sociology: A
Public Speaking: A
GPA: 3.9

I hate general education requirements.

I think you'll survive.

I think you'll survive.

I thought this was a show off your grades thread. :laugh:

I don't get to start taking math/science classes until next Fall (when I transfer schools)...I'm tired of taking general education classes! 52 credits (almost half a 120 credit bachelors degree) of junk I'll never use again.

Then again I can almost guarantee that I'll be getting lower grades when I transfer (if what I've heard about college level science/math being way more difficult than AP level classes).

I thought this was a show off your grades thread. :laugh:

I don't get to start taking math/science classes until next Fall (when I transfer schools)...I'm tired of taking general education classes! 52 credits (almost half a 120 credit bachelors degree) of junk I'll never use again.

Then again I can almost guarantee that I'll be getting lower grades when I transfer (if what I've heard about college level science/math being way more difficult than AP level classes).

True youll probably never use stuff from your inro to soc class again, but youll also never have the chance to learn it again. Hopefully youve enjoyed some of it! Because 4 years down the road when its all science all the time, you might be begging for an intro to criminal justice class just for something different.

Yes, your college courses are going to be more difficult, but that doenst mean you have to do worse. Fix study habits if you need to, work hard, and it will turn out fine.

True youll probably never use stuff from your inro to soc class again, but youll also never have the chance to learn it again. Hopefully youve enjoyed some of it! Because 4 years down the road when its all science all the time, you might be begging for an intro to criminal justice class just for something different.

So true. I'm taking some philosophy and humanities this next semester. So excited!

Doobey,
Strive for an upward trend with your grades in the next few semesters. See what worked and what did not work for you this semester, make adjustments, and aim high next semester. As you become adjusted to premed life, you'll do better if you work hard at it.