1st time pharmacy volunteering -any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Straight_ahead

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I just got a reply from a local pharmacy store telling me I can go in weekly to volunteer! :D I'm really nervous though, especially when the pharmacist gave me a general briefing about working behind the counter, answering the phone, etc. I guess I'll be more efficient as time progresses but I dont want to screw up on first couple of volunteering visits :scared:

Does anybody have any advice for me or anything that you might want to share to help me become more competent at my work as a beginner?

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly you'll probably just be given grunt work in th beggining, just be friendly courteous and kind :) .. and don't expect too much, just be happy you're there and be as helpful as you can. If you do'nt know how to do something, just ask.

Just be sure to make a good impression.. ask if they need help with anything, but don't be pushy.. people will like you and it'll show when you ask for that Letter of rec.