1st two years in dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how similar are the 1st two years in dental school to the 1st two years in medical school?

i am asking because i have kaplan review books for step1.

Members don't see this ad.

Well first you consider the hard med/dental shared classes in the semester. Then you replace any study time with a few pure dental courses.

Depends on the school as to how many lectures you share with the med students and, more importantly, how much of what they learn you need to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
and you need to add at least 10-20 hrs of weekend, night time for lab work, practicing wax up, prep teeth, practicing endo in second year. Then you have your picture of first two year dental school very complete. Expect to sleep maximum 5hrs/day except your vacation.

i never understood this question. the career choice you make is based on the difficulty of the 1st two years of school?

i never understood this question. the career choice you make is based on the difficulty of the 1st two years of school?
how similar are the 1st two years in dental school to the 1st two years in medical school?

i am asking because i have kaplan review books for step1.

The OP's question seems to have nothing to do with choosing med vs. dent..

I heard info for USMLE step 1 is good, if not a little bit more detailed then what's on the NBDE. Don't forget to study for dental anatomy too.

Though I'd use something like the dental decks to supplement what you learn from Kaplam USMLE.