2/11 LECOM soliciting '05 primarys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lindyhopper

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems very late in to cycle but I received this solicitation to apply to LECOM today.

Edited out bad link. Summary below -

Members don't see this ad.

Cant see the link you posted. Could you please post it.

Cold they have possibally opened up the branch school too soon?

Sorry the link I posted just seems to send you back to my email sign-in page.
So to summarize they explain that the primary deadline for the Class of '05 for both campuses has been extended to March 1.
They give instructions on beginning the AACOMAS process. They also encourage calling admissions at 814-866-6641 or visiting [email protected] .
Seems crazy late but good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I applied to one optometry school as a warm up, and somehow I got into the system and I was recieving invites to apply as late as June of that year for the 2004 class. Medical schools as well as OD schools. My guess is that there recruitment office is differnet than their admissions offices in many schools.

So that's my guess, I doubt it's about filling their program or not.

There was a thread about this a few days ago (I posted the link below). I seriously doubt either branch of LECOM is having any trouble filling their classes. If anything, they probably just want to get the word out about their school(s). It's more of a PR move if you ask me.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=178636

It could be a numbers game. If they look at the pool of acceptances and people that committed to attending they may want to see if they can boost the statistics of the incoming class (GPA,MCAT) possibly by extending the deadline to round up any last minute applicants. Times like this it pays to have good grades and MCATs but most that do have an acceptance already. I must admit though from the other point of view it makes them look less competitive but I doubt LECOM cares what anyone thinks. I know the PCOM OMM dept. doesn't but I will leave it at that.

I am still getting recruitment letters from them.. and I've been accepted by them! LOL

I think they send letters to anyone in the pool.. I'm not sure what their criteria for this is... but frankly it makes me a little bit nervous that it appears that they're having difficulty filling their class with 'qualified' applicants...

They are not having any problem filling the Florida campus, I can tell you that. Lots of "hold" placement going on.