2.5 gpa in first year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Protools

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are my chances (dont be too hard :))

Members don't see this ad.

what are my chances (dont be too hard :))

You aren't completely screwed, but you have a serious uphill battle. You need to figure out why you didn't do well (lazy/overworked/inefficient), and fix it. Get a tutor if you need someone to teach you how to study efficiently. Most of all, you need to decide if medicine is what you really want to do, because you have dug yourself a pretty deep hole, and it's going to take a lot of work to get out. It is completely doable, but you need to get in your groove and get awesome grades for the next 3 years.

2.5 gpa in first year what are my chances (dont be too hard :))
With a year of 4.0, you could be up to 3.25. With a second year, you'd be at 3.5. By graduation time, you could have a competitive 3.62. If your GPA repair efforts don't go quite that smoothly, there are other ways to redeem a GPA, but they get more time consuming and costly the longer you delay turning things around.

Don't make the same mistakes I did... start taking school seriously starting NOW, and you will be fine. The deeper you get into that hole, the harder it will be to get out. Good luck!