2.6 science at graduation! Any chance of MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is SO GREAT! I found myself waiting very nervously to hear of your acceptances, and actually cheered a little out loud when I saw that you had gotten in! Ah! You're an inspiration to us all!!!

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATULATIONS! Its amazing to hear stories like this.
P.S. The nosy disney princess in me wants to know...DID you propose? (re: the post about the car lol)

boggvir, congrats! Could you post your MDApps info?

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATULATIONS! Its amazing to hear stories like this.
P.S. The nosy disney princess in me wants to know...DID you propose? (re: the post about the car lol)

No, trying to put it off. :laugh: I'll probably do it soon though, I think. She's fantastic.

boggvir, congrats! Could you post your MDApps info?

Err, I had one but now I don't remember the number. I'd be happy to post anything you need to know on this thread.

Amazing story. :)

I am very glad I came in at the end though because I got to read it all at once like a marathon of a good TV show.

Hi Boggvir,

your story is inspiring. I was wondering how many credits did you end up when you graduated and how many credits did you take? Did you repeat all your pre-reqs or did you take more upper level classes?

Congratulations on being a doctor!!

Great job on your acceptances! Shows how much hard work pays off in the end. I hope you do pick OSU! :)

If you don't mind answering this question, where did you take your post bacc?

Also, what classes were included in your post bacc? If I do end up doing post bacc, with 128 undergrad credits already completed, and IF I get all A's during my post bacc, how much will my sGPA improve?

Please reply back. Your story was truly inspirational and I'm now considering post bacc to get to my goal as well.

Last edited:
Inspiring story! I graduated in 06 with a 2.45 GPA. Ended up at a post bacc masters in forensics at Drexel...graduated in 09 with a 3.75. I am now a 2nd year! Congrats....from someone who can relate to your story!

No matter how many times I read this thread, it is still incredibly inspiring. Congrats man

So I got verified. Freshman GPA 2.00. Sophomore GPA: 1.00.

Oh yea, WHO WANTS TO MESS WITH ME? :p

Junior 3.4. Senior 3.9. Post bac 3.9. Overall 3.58.

I wonder if they'll notice that. :laugh:
So you did not got after B.S? Any reason ? Looks like you end up doing post bac and that help you getting in? Please answer.Thanks

Well, part one is done.

I just finished my post-bac of 39 credits (science only, all prerequisites plus pathology, and physiology) with a 3.95 GPA.

So at this point, my science GPA is a 3.38, and overall GPA is a 3.54.

One more year, and my overall will go to a 3.6, and my science to a 3.5 (at this point I will have 250 credits, so further improvement will not be feasible). And I'll also have a second degree.

Awesome improvement right here; love the drive and determination that you have and congrats on getting in! You're going to be a doctor! :D

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Right now I'm slogging through first year classes, so I don't have much time....but I gotta say I'm loving med school! I appreciate it a whole lot more, having dug myself out of a hole.

As for the questions - I generally retook all my pre-reqs, and then took mostly new classes, except the ones I got below a C in, which I retook. The main thing is to get all As. I think I had like 250+ undergrad credits when I was done. :laugh:

Your advisor is simply wrong. You absolutely can get into Medical school with an F. I have something like 1 F, 1 D, a few Cs and countless B-s. It's possible...hard, improbable, difficult: yes. But possible.

Really cool MCAT plan you laid out. I will look over it and use some of your stuff. Thanks.:thumbup:

Anything you can do so you can do more practice problems is going to be better for you.

I remember reading this thread way back when I was still trying to dig myself out of a sub-2.5 cgpa/sgpa hole. Great inspiration right here, congrats and good luck. Can't wait for the fall!