Quantcast

???2.6 undergrad GPA, hopeful 4.0 MS Molecular Medicine, 39 MCAT????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacytechguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone here as heard of anyone with low undergrads but strong graduate level performance (in biology/medicine related fields) have gained admission to ABP schools. I've emailed ABP but so far no response and am interested in hearing from some current students, ect.

My stats:
US citizen/current resident
Undergrad (graduated December 2007) 2.6 from a not so famous state university, ** in Cellular Biology
MCAT: 39

Right after undergrad I enrolled as a non matric at the University South Florida in some graduate level "bioscience courses." Now, I will continue work on a non-thesis highly didatic (i guess medical schools prefer this) MS in Molecular Medicine (i suppose it is somewhat of a "SMP").

I currently have perfect grades this semester (as a non matric). I will finish the MS late May 2009 or late August 2009 and hope to be admitted to a ABP school.

This is my enrollment/application plan:
Spring semester 2009 (current)
Summer 2009
Fall 2009 (during this time submit app to ABP, grades released Decemeber 2008, SEND THEM IN ASAP)
Spring 2009
Possibily Summer 2009

So, when I apply to ABP the following very good marks will appear to them:
Last two (3.9 and 4.0) quarters of undergrad
Three terms in my graduate program, planning on all 4.0's

Courses I will have taken include graduate level immunology, cell biology, neurobiology, molecular genetics, physiology, ect...I'm working very hard and am planning on a 4.0 GPA.

I hope the ABP schools are forgiving of past poor undergrads =(

med2UCC

Relentlessly Optimistic
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
UCC accepted me with a 2.1 undergrad, then another with a cummulative 3.58, best two years 3.7, 4.0 and a 28R MCAT. They forgive; apply and see. Good luck,
M