2.7 GPA 3.0 Sci GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

activa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I go to Emory U. I have an overall GPA of 2.7 and I majored in neuroscience. I have a bit of an interesting situation. I went to high school in Detroit and was not prepared for the rigors of a top 20 super competitive school and my GPA reflects it. I am a black gay male and I really want to go to Med school or a D.O program. What should I do? I am willing to do pretty much anything to get me into a school in the US. Please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am calling troll for a few reasons.

You made a distinction between medical school and DO school.

You felt the need to tell us you are gay even though it is irrelevant.

You list an awful GPA and a minority status. I assume this is for some bait for people to tell you your skin will get you in despite being unqualified.

You say you are willing to do anything to get into medical school and will do anything. You follow that with exclamation points. That whole statement seems silly.

/opinion

I am calling troll for a few reasons.

You felt the need to tell us you are gay even though it is irrelevant.

You list an awful GPA and a minority status. I assume this is for some bait for people to tell you your skin will get you in despite being unqualified.

You say you are willing to do anything to get into medical school and will do anything. You follow that with exclamation points. That whole statement seems silly.

/opinion

Thanks for being so helpful :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if troll for me. Trolls usually just bash D.O. outright and say they don't want to go there.

If OP is serious, he needs to do the usual: work up every GPA to > 3.0 and then go to an SMP program. If DO is really an option, look into linkage through post-bacc programs.

Retake the courses you received a C or lower in and apply to D.O. That will be your best shot.

Good luck. :thumbup: