2.8 GPA for Ireland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ofcourse1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of students who got into Ireland through the Atlantic Bridge program with a 2.8 GPA? I'm writing the MCAT this summer but my undergrad major was in the Arts (Anthropology & Geography) and I had mental health issues throughout my undergrad which resulted in a poor GPA. I also had a really bad last year in undergrad--failed a course in the first semester and ended up with a pretty low GPA in the second semester. Do I have a chance if I apply with this undergrad GPA and a high MCAT score for the 2017 round?

In terms of Extracurriculars--I was a Teaching Assistant for a Biology course, shadowed a psychiatrist for a few weeks, and worked at the University's Writing Centre for two years. I'll be working on ECs this summer as well a long with MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

I did not have a sub 3.0 GPA, I was around the 3.3 range for both. My MCAT was low. I had an F on my transcript, in a completely unrelated course. It was on an electric circuit theory class.

Basically at UCD, the interviewer almost bleak out told me they dont care about the F, (I also had a C in cell bio), just my MCAT. Which was also low.

So knock out the MCAT and you may have a chance. This school seems to be really looking at MCATS.

I never tried on my MCAT, I probably will now though because after seeing how looney some of the DO programs are, RCSI seems like a great option.