2.85 AACOMAS gpa | 28 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icanmakeit

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AACOMAS ugpa:: 2.85-2.9
MCAT: BS 10 | VR 8 | PS 10 (one attempt)
Graduate gpa at an SMP with completion of med school-like curriculum
for one semester: 4.0 | Will be done with SMP in May 2013
200 hrs volunteering in a hospital ((so far)
50 hrs shadowing (all MD shadowing so far...still working on finding a DO)
Mississippi resident
Applying DO

All clinical exposure has been completed this summer. Do not have prior clinical experience because I worked a full time job (40-50 hrs per week) throughout my undergrad.
I will be submitting app in August.

Any thoughts of what my chances may be as well as what particular schools i should apply to? I truly value anyone's opinion! Your time and efforts is greatly appreciated!!!.

Members don't see this ad.

are those all your ECs? seems a little light. use this to find a do http://cf.osteopathic.org/iLearn/home.cfm

Where was your smp? some schools will screen you out because of your low undergrad gpa but some may give you a shot because of your SMP, it depends on the amount of emphasis the school puts on SMP

Keep up that 4.0 in your SMP and you'll be fine. The key thing to do is have your graduate GPA balance out your poor uGPA, so that your final cGPA will be >3.0.

AACOMAS ugpa:: 2.85-2.9
MCAT: BS 10 | VR 8 | PS 10 (one attempt)
Graduate gpa at an SMP with completion of med school-like curriculum
for one semester: 4.0 | Will be done with SMP in May 2013
200 hrs volunteering in a hospital ((so far)
50 hrs shadowing (all MD shadowing so far...still working on finding a DO)
Mississippi resident
Applying DO

All clinical exposure has been completed this summer. Do not have prior clinical experience because I worked a full time job (40-50 hrs per week) throughout my undergrad.
I will be submitting app in August.

Any thoughts of what my chances may be as well as what particular schools i should apply to? I truly value anyone's opinion! Your time and efforts is greatly appreciated!!!.

Members don't see this ad :)
after talking further with you and knowning who you are now, lol, I think you have a good shot of getting in somewhere. I also did some research on the UD thread last year when i contacted many UDs from there- all that told me did a smp and were sucessful in it had a ton of success as far as getting plenty of interviews. Plus with your great personality you're set.

also ill throw out some names and their stats if you want to do a comparison

Love you too smallz! You are aewsome! :D

Thank you goro...your insight keeps me positive and encouraged!

BUMP...

Just submitted app approx 1 week ago. Do you feel it was too late in the cycle for my stats to have a chance? I waited to submit as I needed to build up my clinical EC's.

My top choice school is WCU.

- thank you in advance for taking the time to reply to my post -

I don't think it's too late. WCU just started giving out IIs. youll be applying in october which is obv a little late but I dont think your chances are diminished.