2.8s/3.1c GPA, 511 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoleFamDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Late 20's applicant. Graduated from state college. FL resident.
200+ hours shadowing .
500+ hours volunteering.
Science teacher for last 6 years.

My main question is, if I do a SMP and get my sGPA in the 3.1-3.2 range, do I have a reasonable shot at applying? I am interested in FL schools primarily.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ace the SMP and you might be surprised at who is interested.

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure the post-bacc GPA is mostly A's and to get it to 3.3-3.4. I don't think a 3.1sGPA is enough even if you do ace the SMP.

I don't think a 3.1sGPA is enough even if you do ace the SMP.

The point of an SMP is to be an audition for medical school, if he aces the SMP it will be enough with a 3.1. He only needs the sGPA go be high enough to get through any screens so a real person will see the SMP GPA.

I am told that if you go offshore to University of Queensland in Brisbane Australia they take applicants with lower GPA's The style of curriculum is 2 yeas in Brisbane and final 2 years at Ochsner clinic in New Orleans. they maintain a placement in the match of 90% or better. the cost is less than US schools or the Caribbean Schools for whatever it might be worth to you see https://medicine.uq.edu.au

I am told that if you go offshore to University of Queensland in Brisbane Australia they take applicants with lower GPA's The style of curriculum is 2 yeas in Brisbane and final 2 years at Ochsner clinic in New Orleans. they maintain a placement in the match of 90% or better. the cost is less than US schools or the Caribbean Schools for whatever it might be worth to you see https://medicine.uq.edu.au

If you do anything OP, ignore this.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope people realize that in general terms realizes that not everyone that appears on the Internet is what they say that they are. some are imposters without nay legitimate claim to being a doctor, a medical student or anyone with any real knowledge of the acceptance process to med school so take what someone says with a grain of salt. they may not appear what they say they are.

I hope people realize that in general terms realizes that not everyone that appears on the Internet is what they say that they are. some are imposters without nay legitimate claim to being a doctor, a medical student or anyone with any real knowledge of the acceptance process to med school so take what someone says with a grain of salt. they may not appear what they say they are.

I agree with this. I do not believe that you are an attending physician lol

Reactions: 4 users
As much of a salesman as you appear, nr-xxx, I think I'll pass.