1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

2 Application Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BUmiken12, Jun 16, 2002.

1. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

1. Do we send the LORs and transcripts directly to AMCAS or to each and every school we apply to?

2. Do we have to request the secondaries or will they come automatically due to AMCAS?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

1) You have to send them directly to schools. I heard people usually do this within 2 weeks after sending out the primary app.

2) Seconadaries will come after your application is verified by AMCAS and tramsitted to schools. Then schools will decide whether or not they will actually send secondaries. Some of them have online secondaries so you do not have ti wait.

4. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Don't send transcripts to each and every school. AMCAS will forward your grades to all of the schools to which you apply. :)

5. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

I was talking about LORs. I assumed that you know that you have to send transcripts to AMCAS. Sorry for the confusion.

6. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    For some schools, if it says so on their website, you can go ahead and fill out the secondaries immediately. Otherwise it may take thyem months to send it to you...

Check out this site made by Drako, which lists most schools that have online secondaries:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm</a>

7. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does this include all TX schools too? Do I have to send my LOR to each and every TX school I'm applying to or do I just send it to TMDSAS? Also, do I send any LOR to AMCAS at all?

8. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BUmiken12:
    <strong>Also, do I send any LOR to AMCAS at all?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No!