2 Math classes required for Med School???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TruthSerum44

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I took the Calculus BC AP exam during my senior year in high school and passed out of both Calculus 1 and 2 at my school (University of Pittsburgh). However, I have heard that medical schools require you to take 2 math classes while in college. Would the 8 credits I received for Calc 1 and 2 count as my two math classes taken in college, or do I need to physically take two more math classes IN COLLEGE, aside from the credits I already have for Calc 1 and 2???

Help! :confused: Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

if your college accepted the exams as credit, then they should show up on your transcript, which means that they should fulfill the requirement. you should be fine.

actually, most med schools don't accept AP credit for anything. You should call/email the school and double check. Worst comes to worst, just take stats and biomathematics or somethin and you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so I took the Calculus BC AP exam during my senior year in high school and passed out of both Calculus 1 and 2 at my school (University of Pittsburgh). However, I have heard that medical schools require you to take 2 math classes while in college. Would the 8 credits I received for Calc 1 and 2 count as my two math classes taken in college, or do I need to physically take two more math classes IN COLLEGE, aside from the credits I already have for Calc 1 and 2???

Help! :confused: Thanks :)

My AP credit has been enough for most of the schools I've applied to. There are few schools that require calc, and of them I would doubt there would be many that wouldn't accept AP credit. Best to check with the individual schools but I think you'll be ok.