2 Month study plan do able?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walala

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am studying strictly off examkrackers because I am short on time. I am taking full classes and doing research, volunteeting and all that premed jazz while MCAT studying in aprilScheduled for may 22. I'll have most of may free PURE MCAT time. So my plan is content review for April, and passage passage passage for may until test day? I understand people study months ahead, but do u think its doable or plausible? Or should I consider postponing the date till June?

Members don't see this ad.

So I am studying strictly off examkrackers because I am short on time. I am taking full classes and doing research, volunteeting and all that premed jazz while MCAT studying in aprilScheduled for may 22. I'll have most of may free PURE MCAT time. So my plan is content review for April, and passage passage passage for may until test day? I understand people study months ahead, but do u think its doable or plausible? Or should I consider postponing the date till June?

There are sooo many variables, it makes it difficult to just give you a black and white answer.

To be honest, the only way that would say that two months is doable is:

1. You MASTERED every topic in your prereq curriculum and are still pretty fresh on all your content, otherwise it usually takes longer than a month to do content review

2. You're naturally a very good reader and don't need the extra time developing your reading comprehension/verbal skills

I suggest going over the AAMC content outline see how much you still know pretty well, and if you have forgotten most of it, then I personally think you need more time.

If you are pretty familiar with the topics, take the self assessments to gauge which contents are your weakest, so you can just zone in on the little time you are giving yourself for content review to just master your weak spots

Hope this helps

I see :/

I did one of the AAMC self assesments, bio,, and I got a 61% :/ and I thought bio was my strongest subject.....I may have to move it back further.

When is the latest I should consider taking the test to apply this cycle without being super late?

By end of March, I should have completed the Examkrackers Bio and Organic Books and have them down pretty well. I would just need to go back obviously and kee reviewing to solidfy the information. How exactly would someone recommend incorporating passages? Do I do all content and THEN begin passages or try to do passages as I'm doing the content by searching out related passages?

Also, does anyone think completed BR Phyiscs in 10 days is plausible? 10 sections...1 section per day? Or would that be too much?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see :/

I did one of the AAMC self assesments, bio,, and I got a 61% :/ and I thought bio was my strongest subject.....I may have to move it back further.

When is the latest I should consider taking the test to apply this cycle without being super late?

I would schedule it for the end of June. Having your score at the end of July won't make your EARLY but won't make you late either, and it'll give you 3 months to do something like SN2eds plan.

Okay so the thing you have to do TODAY is take AAMC #3 under test-like conditions. Your results from that will immediately let you know how plausible it is to prep over two months.

If you can sit down on AAMC #3 and just on natural test-taking ability you can honk out a 28+ then yes sure two months is plenty. Just get through the EK books, take the rest of the AAMC exams and you're golden.

If your AAMC #3 score is more like a 25-27 then two months will be really tight, but do-able if you just eat, sleep, breathe, and poop MCAT for those two months.

Starting in the 22-24 range means there's probably not a shot in hell that you should only do two months. You'll need the standard ~3.5 months that most folks needs.

If you start at 21 or below, then you needs lots and lots of work and should probably consider taking the whole summer to prep full time and aim for a late July or Aug date.

Good luck! :)

To the OP:

If you are using EK on a condensed schedule, I suggest using their audio osmosis, and taking notes on each clip. This will effectively allow you to engage two learning methods of auditory and writing, all while having to think through the concepts in order to write your notes in a manner that make sense to you. I have started this process in which I will be done will all of EK AO with my own set of notes within 8 weeks (2hrs daily), and I am 5+ yrs removed from prereqs and I have found it to be pretty effective. You might be able to put in 4hrs daily and have your content review wrapped up in 1 month and be ready for the month of may with all AAMCs and practice passages...just an idea. Whatever you decide, just be sure to create a manageable plan and stick to it, good luck!