2 months, 2 weeks, a number 2 pencil

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted109597

So, noticing that everyone else here is studying USMLEWorld for weeks before taking Step III. Remember, if ever in life there is one test that should only be pass fail, this is it. 187 was passing according to the score sheet I got today.
Someone had printed off the USMLEWorld CCS, so I read them the day before CCS (ie, after day 1). Just like First Aid for Step II CS, these were helpful.
The rest of it, maybe read crush or first aid (or both, they only take 6 hours or so). All you're shooting for is a 187. Even if you're shooting for average, that is 214. Just so everyone knows.
Also, it isn't hard, but the questions are fairly inane.

Members don't see this ad.

The only real part that takes some getting used to is that if you should wait to consult in the CCS until that point in the real world where if you consulted a service, they would say "why in the hell did you wait so long to call us?"

So, noticing that everyone else here is studying USMLEWorld for weeks before taking Step III. Remember, if ever in life there is one test that should only be pass fail, this is it. 187 was passing according to the score sheet I got today.
Someone had printed off the USMLEWorld CCS, so I read them the day before CCS (ie, after day 1). Just like First Aid for Step II CS, these were helpful.
The rest of it, maybe read crush or first aid (or both, they only take 6 hours or so). All you're shooting for is a 187. Even if you're shooting for average, that is 214. Just so everyone knows.

Excellent work. After all, you are in your residency program regardless, so why put yourself through all that prep again? I take mine tommorrow...

I'm going to be starting my psych internship in a few weeks, and I have just a couple months of medicine and neuro during that year with the rest being psych, so I'm trying to study for step 3 and get it done with in July or August or so before forgetting all I ever knew, or thought I knew, about ob and peds, etc. Whereas for a lot of other specialities the intern year is a good prep for step 3 I'm not sure mine will be so much, so I would like to take it early, though it is also unnerving to be taking a test now that people who have already been interns for a year are taking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lauraa, you'll be fine. Honestly, I probably would have done better taking it at the end of third year, followed by the end of 4th year, rather than now. A year of surgery makes you forget a lot of peds,OB,medicine,family names,friends,what it is like to sleep...

Lauraa, you'll be fine. Honestly, I probably would have done better taking it at the end of third year, followed by the end of 4th year, rather than now. A year of surgery makes you forget a lot of peds,OB,medicine,family names,friends,what it is like to sleep...
Do you think it would be ok for someone to take steps I and II consecutively (a month or two apart) right before fourth year. Thanks

Amen!

2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days of my life I'd like back.

Do you think it would be ok for someone to take steps I and II consecutively (a month or two apart) right before fourth year. Thanks
I suppose, but most of the Step I stuff isn't tested on Step II, so you would have to cram all of that knowledge into that month. I suppose if you went heavy on the pathophys, it might come up again on Step II, but those questions are more "what do you do now" instead of "what is the 7th downstream mediator of this intracellular process".

Thanks,
I am thinking that what might work is taking a short break after step I then hitting USMLE world qbank for a few weeks for step II and some practice exams to see if that is enough. I guess we'll see