2 Months Left, Advice Much Needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pakxman261

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I had planned to take the July 18th MCAT but don't feel like I'll be ready in time. Do you think it would make a huge difference if I moved it back to mid-August but did fairly better? Also, the more important thing is can someone PLEASE give me a detailed strategy/study schedule for how to prepare. I have access to bout 8 kaplan and 9 princeton full lengths as well as 7-8 aamc tests, all Kaplan review materials, and im gettin the EK 1001 series soon. W/ those resources, what would be a great study schedule from now til Aug 15th, exactly 2 months from today. all advice greatly appreciated, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

hey I got the same materials as you do! However, I am taking my MCAT in Sept. I covered all the material in essentially 3 weeks. Currently, I am doing the 1001s as I type (finished 300 up to 4 o'clock, will do 100 bio ones) as well as the 101 verbals and kaplan book verbals. I dont got the TPRs, but I bought the Q bank. The review stage takes a couple weeks, and then it is grind with problems. Every day after work, i will try to do 70x4 of the 1001 series and 6 or more passages of verbal. That is my schedule. Also, I will try to use the q bank on weekends, but I think it is a very small "qbank" as after a few tries I knocked off 20% of the questions.
Verbal is my weekest area, so I will try also getting additional practice from LSAT material and reading certain journals.
Cheers!

I was in the same situation as you last summer, but I only had the 9 TPR and the AAMC tests. It all depends on you, but for me I took a practice test once a week, until the week before my exam, during which I took one everyday, at the same time as my actual MCAT. Of course, I didn't do one the day before the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
NO, havnt finished content review yet, just started...i was thinking of actually signing up for the princeton review course since its everyday course and i heard they really focus on content review. Do you guys think its possible to go thru all the princeton books, and all the online kaplan materials..and all the full lengths, in 2 months w 24 hrs a day off. Otherwise, hit me more guys...and thanks polarizer..that was helpful

hey I got the same materials as you do! However, I am taking my MCAT in Sept. I covered all the material in essentially 3 weeks. Currently, I am doing the 1001s as I type (finished 300 up to 4 o'clock, will do 100 bio ones) as well as the 101 verbals and kaplan book verbals. I dont got the TPRs, but I bought the Q bank. The review stage takes a couple weeks, and then it is grind with problems. Every day after work, i will try to do 70x4 of the 1001 series and 6 or more passages of verbal. That is my schedule. Also, I will try to use the q bank on weekends, but I think it is a very small "qbank" as after a few tries I knocked off 20% of the questions.
Verbal is my weekest area, so I will try also getting additional practice from LSAT material and reading certain journals.
Cheers!

do you think this schedule is sufficient if i did the same...or do u feel like a TPR course would be great addtl help..im taking the free kaplan retake as we speak, but idk, i feel like kaplan the class itself wasnt helpful, but online materials are great.

NO, havnt finished content review yet, just started...i was thinking of actually signing up for the princeton review course since its everyday course and i heard they really focus on content review. Do you guys think its possible to go thru all the princeton books, and all the online kaplan materials..and all the full lengths, in 2 months w 24 hrs a day off. Otherwise, hit me more guys...and thanks polarizer..that was helpful

i highly recommend taking TPR. im taking it right now, and it is VERY thorough in content review. Their review books are extremely well written and they have good practice problems.

Hey if money isn't an issue, just take the exam in July and see how you do. If you don't feel confident about it, just cancel right afterwards and reapply for another testing session. Otherwise, I'd move the test date back.