2 more practice tests to take... help me choose!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueElmo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, so I have been doing AAMCs and TPR diags. I'm getting low to mid 30s on AAMCs but I can't even break a 30 for TPRs.:( I plan on taking 2 more practice tests before my date on 9/6, which ones should I take?

Should I do AAMC 5 and 4 (all I have left) to boost my confidence? Or should I do TPRs for better practice even though it's really depressing me. Maybe one of both, then which AAMC?

Members don't see this ad.

Do AAMC 5 and then 4. AAMC 4 was easier than the others from what I remember. At this stage you've done enough review. It's all about confidence and you want a good score on your last practice test to make you feel good.

I'm in the same boat. My exam is on Sept. 5, so I have 4 full days left. I'm planning on taking one exam each day, Monday through Wednesday.. then I'm going to just go over some stuff and rest on Thursday.

I'm saving AAMC 10 for Wednesday... I have Kaplan 5-11 and AAMC 5 and 6 left. What should I take for Monday and Tuesday?

I'm in the same boat. My exam is on Sept. 5, so I have 4 full days left. I'm planning on taking one exam each day, Monday through Wednesday.. then I'm going to just go over some stuff and rest on Thursday.

I'm saving AAMC 10 for Wednesday... I have Kaplan 5-11 and AAMC 5 and 6 left. What should I take for Monday and Tuesday?

geez thanks for crashing my thread. But I don't know about the other practice tests, but definitely do AAMC 10 and spend some time going over it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do AAMC 5 and then 4. AAMC 4 was easier than the others from what I remember. At this stage you've done enough review. It's all about confidence and you want a good score on your last practice test to make you feel good.

So should I not do any TPRs? Isn't doing harder tests better for you in terms of practice? I don't know what to do. I'm kind of leaning towards TPR Diag on Tuesday and then AAMC 4 on Wednesday. Then Thursday and Friday are off.

Last edited:
Quite frankly, I don't think there's much practice you can do at this stage. If I were you I'd skip TPR practice tests and just do the AAMC's. Do AAMC 5 and then AAMC 4. Make sure you give yourself a break right before the test. So try to take them and have your review done by 2 days before the test. That way you can take the day before the exam off and have some fun. Good luck! I should be finding out my score 2 days after you take your test.

I agree- stick with AAMCs. Skip TPR practice tests- their underinflated scores will not help your confidence, and although they might be good practice for the real MCAT I think this close to test date sticking to AAMCs is best.