gopens67

10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Does anyone think this is way too late to be taking an MCAT? It will be past 6:00 before starting the Bio section right?

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone think this is way too late to be taking an MCAT? It will be past 6:00 before starting the Bio section right?
Isnt' the test only like 3.5 hours? You'll probably end around 5:30ish.

Uisa

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Isnt' the test only like 3.5 hours? You'll probably end around 5:30ish.
Maybe if you just count the sections that are timed... even then i think it's more than 3.5 hrs. Realistically speaking, I haven't heard of anyone finishing the exam in less than 5 hrs.

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Maybe if you just count the sections that are timed... even then i think it's more than 3.5 hrs. Realistically speaking, I haven't heard of anyone finishing the exam in less than 5 hrs.
Dang.

Edit: Yeah, you guys are right. Including those 10 min breaks the test is 5 hours max I believe.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
When I took it, most people finished in just over 4 hours.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
If you'd rather wake up at 6/7AM to take a test, by my guest. I liked the 2PM slot. Ate food, did well on test, etc.

thedoctor8706

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2008
Ohio
Status
Attending Physician
I enjoyed not having to change my sleeping patterns for this test. the 2PM slot was a blessing!

SuperSaiyan3

7+ Year Member
May 13, 2009
Status
there exists an intermediate, 12pm slot.

This one is not that common I believe, but it does exist (because that's when I'm writing it on Aug 6th.)

I definitely would not be at my peak at 8am in the morning and 2pm would be too much for the jitters (writing an MCAT at 6pm?! man get me the hell out of here and bring me a bottle of tequila!!)

, whereas the 12pm slot would be perfect, finishing at around 5pm. Just in time for you to get home, eat dinner with family, then get yo freak/drank/both on. You'll also have enough time to watch an episode of dragonball z before you go out, which is a big bonus. :thumbup: