2 questions: one about BCP gap and one about transfer classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCDD12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does you BCP GPA on aadsas include math classes like Calculus and Statistics??

also, i took a Genetics class at ANOTHER university over the summer and on my actual university transcript it just counts as a PASS. soo...do i have to send in the transcript from the other university bc i took one summer class from them??

thank you to anyone who can help me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
BCP includes...Bio, Chm & Phy....but i was being told by my advisor that SCIENCE GPA includes bio, chm, phy & math....I might be wrong... dont know...that always confuses me

yea i meant science gpa not bcp gpa.....d schools look at your overall gpa and science gpa...soo your science DOES include math and stat?? i just want to be sure..thanks

AADSAS reports 3 GPA: Overall, Science and BCP. Science GPA includes all science courses including math, engineering etc, while BCP includes Bio, physics and Chem only.

However, I believe (correct me if I am wrong) each school weighs the 3 GPA differently.

AADSAS reports 3 GPA: Overall, Science and BCP. Science GPA includes all science courses including math, engineering etc, while BCP includes Bio, physics and Chem only.

However, I believe (correct me if I am wrong) each school weighs the 3 GPA differently.

yes, other sciences include math, engineering, etc. BCP, is onyl bio, chem, physics related courses. overall is simply everything that you've taken such as english, chem, bio, history, etc.

and yes, schools do tend to look at each scores differently. there is another thread on here that breaks down the GPA avgs of what each school accepted last cycle. some schools place more of an emphsis on the BCP...others on DAT....others on overall.

Straight from the AADSAS application. The FAQ section and application guideline will answer all these types of questions.

BCP Courses
(Biology, Chemistry and Physics Courses)
[/size]. Examples: Anatomy
Biology
Biochemistry
Biophysics
Botany
Chemistry
Genetics
Medicine
Microbiology
Neuroscience
Pathology
Pharmacology
Pharmacy
Physics
Physiology
Zoology

Other Science Courses (Other science courses that do not fall under the categories of Biology, Chemistry or Physics)

Examples: Agriculture
Animal Sciences
Astronomy
Clinical Sciences
Nutrition
Engineering
Health Technology
Geology
Kinesiology
Mathematics
Physical Sciences
Plant Sciences
Sports Sciences

Non-Science Courses (Humanities, Social Sciences, Health Services and miscellaneous courses)

Examples: Anthropology
Art
Behavioral Sciences
Business
Communications
Dental Hygiene
Economics
Education
English
Foreign Languages
Forensic Sciences
History