2 semester English Requirement- Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AbundanceMindset

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here. I searched the forum for an answer to my questions and haven't found any.

I am currently about to graduate from my university at the end of summer and I have used all of my 132 available credits.

I met my pre-med adviser in freshman year and he told me that I don't have to take any English classes in college since I have AP and IB credit for a couple of English classes. Today was the second time I chose to talk to my pre-medical adviser, and he's telling me a different story now. He says that medical schools don't accept AP/IB credit and that I should have taken 2 English courses so they show up on my transcript.

I have to graduate at the end of summer for several reasons so I can't take English courses to add to my bachelor's. What should I do?...

I checked out the community college in my city, and it says it has non-degree courses in language. Is this acceptable??

Thank you for your help and any other information you may give me!

Members don't see this ad.

This shouldn't be an issue in terms of application and admission. Just check with the schools you are accepted to and ask around March/April of next year if you need to take English classes next summer before you start. If you really don't want to take them next summer you could pre-empt this and take any old English class at any old college during this year.