AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
Is the first one D? Not really comfortable with any of the choices. My hunch for my answer is really the left side of the figure (used to determine the right side).

I'm pretty sure the second one is B. The short side from the front view can be seen on the left of the top view. That's pretty much my thought behind that.

I don't think Keyholes are like this on the real thing. I found Keyhole much easier than TopScore and CDP (but that's just me). TFE was just like CDP though (and a little like TopScore).

Jan 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
The first one is D. Crazy right?! And you're right about the second one. How did u get b?

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
The first one is D. Crazy right?! And you're right about the second one. How did u get b?
This is how I got B:

^Correction to explanation:

It's not C because both triangles of the Front View are not equal-sized. It's not D because of the line down the middle of the Front View. Sorry for that! Answer choice A is opposite of B. But in general, the Front View has all the answers to this question. The End View is pretty much where the Red Arrow is at.

But yeah, I don't really have a good explanation for D. Maybe someone else might have something for you. If I saw the same question on the actual DAT, that would've been a guess question for me.

Aaagggghhh PAT...I choked on the real thing.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Awesome explanationnn..thanks!!!! What was the most difficult part about PATon the real thing?

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
Awesome explanationnn..thanks!!!! What was the most difficult part about PATon the real thing?
hmmm...let me think...answers my vary by person though

Keyhole - Easier than CDP and TopScore

TFE - Same as CDP and TopScore

Angles - Tougher than CDP and TopScore

Hole-Punching - I thought it was tougher than TopScore and the same as CDP

Cube - easier than CDP and somewhat like TopScore

Folding - like CDP and TopScore

For me...I struggled with Angles, Hole-Punching and Folding...my score probably took a big hit with those.

Vokalyzd

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey,
I used this chance to practice some PAT skills! This question is simply elimination of the incorrect answers since it is difficult to judge as the lines are not straight. A is obviously not the correct answer since the hexagonal face of the original figure includes more than just the hexagon. B is the top view but judging from the right side of the hexagon, we can see that it protrudes more than just B. For C, it is the front view and the front view is not an even rectangle. E is just B but skewed and the incorrect shape. I hope this helps. That was how I approached the problem. ABC and E were all incorrect so the improbable must be possible! Back to procrastinating!