2 weeks left, is anatomy worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Juis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 weeks until my test, and I'm undecided whether I should spend 2-3 days going through the Kaplan anatomy videos, then do a final pass of FA, or just go with the Taus 2 week plan (2 blocks UW per day + 6 hours subject review). Any advice?

So far I've done Kaplan videos for everything except anatomy, Pathoma, and FA+UW, scoring around 70%...

I'm also a retaker (failed my first attempt a month ago), if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

If anatomy is a weakness of yours, then I would say that it's not a bad idea to devote at least maybe 1-3 days on it. It was by far my weakest subject going in, but I spent some extra time on it and it turned into one of my strongest subjects. On my score report, it was one of my strongest bars, whereas when I first started doing NBME exams, it was always one of my lowest bars.

Certainly, it's not a huge subject, and if you need that time to work on larger topics like path or pharm, then you should probably do that. However, I do think that it's not a bad idea to try to at least get better at it if you know you're weak in it.

Personally, I think that people always say they had a test heavy in [blank] subject when they are not as good in a subject and find that they consistently have questions that they're not sure about because of that. I did notice quite a good # of anatomy questions on my test, but I didn't feel like I got slaughtered or anything because I had put in a little extra time to work on it.

You don't necessarily need the Kaplan anatomy videos, but spending a little extra time just reviewing the subject might be useful

Yeah, anatomy is a crapshoot if you get 0 or 10 questions on it. If you know all the anatomy in FA cold, you're solid to make most of them. I'd say that would be a better use of your time than Kaplan.