USMLE 2 weeks out. Scores below goal. How to make final push?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted648625

Hello, I am in my last two weeks of dedicated. My goal score is 250+.

So far, I have:

Completed UW 1x (69% random timed with slight upward trend, started out around 60%). Currently working through incorrects/marked, plan to be done with that a few days out.

1 pass of Goljan Rapid Review Pathology (reading + questions).

Made multiple passes through Pathoma during classes, and halfway through a final pass (will finish with Ch 1-3, couple days before).

Completed Kaplan pre-dedicated, 62%. Have done some incorrects here and there.

Practice tests so far:

NBME 16 (start of dedicated): 217
NBME 17 (6 weeks out): 205
CBSE (5 weeks out): 240
UWSA 1 (3 weeks out): 243
NBME 15 (2.5 weeks out: 232
NBME 18 (2 weeks out): 238

I get the sense that my knowledge is not the problem, rather an issue with getting mentally fatigued and losing the ability to reason through questions. I believe ~1/2 my incorrects on my previous three exams can be attributed to mental fatigue, i.e. missing the question because I didn't make a connection I normally would have, or missing a word, etc.

Plan going forward (here is where I would like some critique/feedback):

Take + review NBME 20-22, UWSA 2, and Free 120.
Finish Pathoma pass.
Make a pass of First Aid (heretofore have been using this as a reference only).
Watch Board and Beyond on weakness (worth it?)
Finish UW Incorrects. Do Kaplan incorrects?

Anything else?

Thanks for reading and good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

With your qbank scores and subsequent nbme scores I think you have knowledge deficiets. Look at the report and hammer out weaknesses.

Reactions: 1 user
With your qbank scores and subsequent nbme scores I think you have knowledge deficiets. Look at the report and hammer out weaknesses.

I am doing this, however I get confused because my weaknesses will change from test to test. This time it was GI and Heme Onc which are normally my strongest, while Repro/Endo and Micro are weak points that I did very well in this time. So I am not sure if these are "true weaknesses" or maybe I just got unlucky with questions in those subjects?

I am doing this, however I get confused because my weaknesses will change from test to test. This time it was GI and Heme Onc which are normally my strongest, while Repro/Endo and Micro are weak points that I did very well in this time. So I am not sure if these are "true weaknesses" or maybe I just got unlucky with questions in those subjects?
there is attrition of knowledge, and possibility of the test questioning a weak part of your understanding in a subject you are usually strong in. I would focus on something that is consistently weak if that is possible. There is also a large margin of error considering only a few questions will make you go up or down on those charts.

Members don't see this ad :)
there is attrition of knowledge, and possibility of the test questioning a weak part of your understanding in a subject you are usually strong in. I would focus on something that is consistently weak if that is possible. There is also a large margin of error considering only a few questions will make you go up or down on those charts.

Ok, I think the most consistently weak is maybe biochem, but maybe its just that I am not great in every system so there are still gaps everywhere, do you thinking redoing all my UW and Kaplan incorrects and finishing pathoma pass can help patch those up?

Ok, I think the most consistently weak is maybe biochem, but maybe its just that I am not great in every system so there are still gaps everywhere, do you thinking redoing all my UW and Kaplan incorrects and finishing pathoma pass can help patch those up?
doesnt sound like a terrible idea.

Increasing 15-20 points above 235 (your last 2 NBME average) up to 250+ in last 2 weeks IMHO isn't realistic. I would rather go over incorrects and weakest subjects with main goal to stabilize those areas (to not have a sudden surprise drop on test) rather than chase a 250+ but it's just my opinion.