Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2 Weeks Til May 15!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JunkintheTrunk, May 1, 2004.

1. JunkintheTrunk

JunkintheTrunk Blondes are smrt
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    2 weeks from today is may 15....the BIG DAY for all of us patiently waiting for waitlist spots to open up :D until then, i'll keep working on the gallon of chocolate ice cream in my freezer to fend off the stress :laugh:

2. Lux Aeterna

Lux Aeterna the eternal light
    10+ Year Member

I hear that :thumbup:

3. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    it also means I'll have to choose a school. NOOOOOOOOO I WANT IT ALL!! I feel like a kid getting his candy taken away!

4. voltron77

voltron77 4th year Medical Student
    7+ Year Member

:thumbup: :D I am both excited and nervous about May 15th!!!! The countdown begins!!!! Good luck everyone who is waitlisted anywhere!!! :luck:

5. supereagles

supereagles Spread your wings and fly
    7+ Year Member

True that my brother from another mama :D

6. Sean2tall

Sean2tall Pathology Resident
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So . . do you guys think that the majority of the waitlist movement will happen around May 15? They always say you can get accepted until the day classes begin, but I imagine the bulk of the class be figured out right after the deadline. Because you will have people accepting their waitlist offers and dropping their old ones and that will free up more spots, but a lot fewer. Then as people are offered those spots, the new openings they create will be even less, up until the day classes begin when there are barely any. Is this right?

7. mlw03

mlw03 Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think you're right sean - the majority of movement will happen in late May and early June. Yeah, there will be some stuff later, but because the schools require such a quick decision by the accepted candidate, everything happens much faster.

8. Sean2tall

Sean2tall Pathology Resident
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    At least that makes it a little easier. I think if I don't hear from any waitlists in the first 3 weeks, I will just end all this waiting and go with my 1 acceptance that I already have. I think that schools could bump up the whole admissions cycle by a few months. Everybody I know going to grad school has already known for a while where they're going.

9. lisa13579

lisa13579 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I would like to go into hibernation for the next 1-2 months. :(

10. boomuntilnoon

boomuntilnoon Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

May 15 is on a Saturday... so does that mean we have until Monday, May 17 to finalize our decision?

11. Indebt4Life

Indebt4Life Chilling like a Villain
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, that's a good question. How long does it take for the adcoms to start taking people off the waitlist? If may 15th is a saturday, then by when should we be hearing. Eh? Anyone knows.

12. DrJ2B

DrJ2B Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I called UPenn last week and I was told that they would start on May 17th or later. If you check the waitlist assistance thread, people were contacted before May 15th by quite a few schools. Good luck everyone! I will be waiting with y'all! :luck: :D

13. Alexander99

Alexander99 Ghetto Fabulous
    7+ Year Member

Don't get overanxious guys/girls. Remember that for most schools, most of the movement begins late May and through June. I don't want you to have to worry about getting in off the waitlist May 16-May 26 if nothing normally happens between those dates. Good luck to everyone.

14. kayw028

kayw028 Member
    7+ Year Member

So if you get accepted off the waitlist and have to give them an immediate answer, how long do you have before you have to withdraw from the 1 school you've already accepted to? and is it binding? i mean, if i get accepted off a waitlist, i'm not sure yet what i'd want to do...