2 Weeks Til May 15!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JunkintheTrunk

Blondes are smrt
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 weeks from today is may 15....the BIG DAY for all of us patiently waiting for waitlist spots to open up :D until then, i'll keep working on the gallon of chocolate ice cream in my freezer to fend off the stress :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

it also means I'll have to choose a school. NOOOOOOOOO I WANT IT ALL!! I feel like a kid getting his candy taken away!

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: :D I am both excited and nervous about May 15th!!!! The countdown begins!!!! Good luck everyone who is waitlisted anywhere!!! :luck:

exmike said:
it also means I'll have to choose a school. NOOOOOOOOO I WANT IT ALL!! I feel like a kid getting his candy taken away!

True that my brother from another mama :D

So . . do you guys think that the majority of the waitlist movement will happen around May 15? They always say you can get accepted until the day classes begin, but I imagine the bulk of the class be figured out right after the deadline. Because you will have people accepting their waitlist offers and dropping their old ones and that will free up more spots, but a lot fewer. Then as people are offered those spots, the new openings they create will be even less, up until the day classes begin when there are barely any. Is this right?

I think you're right sean - the majority of movement will happen in late May and early June. Yeah, there will be some stuff later, but because the schools require such a quick decision by the accepted candidate, everything happens much faster.

Sean2tall said:
So . . do you guys think that the majority of the waitlist movement will happen around May 15? They always say you can get accepted until the day classes begin, but I imagine the bulk of the class be figured out right after the deadline. Because you will have people accepting their waitlist offers and dropping their old ones and that will free up more spots, but a lot fewer. Then as people are offered those spots, the new openings they create will be even less, up until the day classes begin when there are barely any. Is this right?

mlw03 said:
I think you're right sean - the majority of movement will happen in late May and early June. Yeah, there will be some stuff later, but because the schools require such a quick decision by the accepted candidate, everything happens much faster.

At least that makes it a little easier. I think if I don't hear from any waitlists in the first 3 weeks, I will just end all this waiting and go with my 1 acceptance that I already have. I think that schools could bump up the whole admissions cycle by a few months. Everybody I know going to grad school has already known for a while where they're going.

I would like to go into hibernation for the next 1-2 months. :(

May 15 is on a Saturday... so does that mean we have until Monday, May 17 to finalize our decision?

Yeah, that's a good question. How long does it take for the adcoms to start taking people off the waitlist? If may 15th is a saturday, then by when should we be hearing. Eh? Anyone knows.

Indebt4Life said:
Yeah, that's a good question. How long does it take for the adcoms to start taking people off the waitlist? If may 15th is a saturday, then by when should we be hearing. Eh? Anyone knows.

I called UPenn last week and I was told that they would start on May 17th or later. If you check the waitlist assistance thread, people were contacted before May 15th by quite a few schools. Good luck everyone! I will be waiting with y'all! :luck: :D

Don't get overanxious guys/girls. Remember that for most schools, most of the movement begins late May and through June. I don't want you to have to worry about getting in off the waitlist May 16-May 26 if nothing normally happens between those dates. Good luck to everyone.

So if you get accepted off the waitlist and have to give them an immediate answer, how long do you have before you have to withdraw from the 1 school you've already accepted to? and is it binding? i mean, if i get accepted off a waitlist, i'm not sure yet what i'd want to do...