MD 2 years until matriculation, how to strengthen app for top schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baylafan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Engage in service to others less fortunate than yourself.

Are you aware of Loma Linda's specific mission?

of UCRs?

that only some 0.5% of OOS applicants get into Baylor?

that OR HS highly favors IS?

that with tuition nowfree at NYU, that you probably don't have a good chance there, given how cut throat the competition will now be?

I suggest the following:
Columbia
Duke
Harvard
Sinai
Cornell
Stanford
U MI
U VA
BU
Case
Mayo
Pitt
UCLA
UCSD,
UCI,
UCR (IF you’re from the Inland Empire)
UCSF
Hofstra
Ohio State
U Cincy
USC/Keck
USF Morsani
Albert Einstein
Dartmouth
Emory
Rochester
Jefferson
Miami
U IA
U VM
Western MI

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks goro for your advice. I am aware of Loma Linda and UCR's missions. I was born in the Inland Empire and would likely practice there after residency for at least a couple years. I did not know about Baylor, so I will probably take that off my list. I'm still considering OSHU because I am in one of their mission groups, but might take it off too if I think I don't have good chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hospice work? Perhaps Peace Corps or Teach for America? The hospice work seems more attainable.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you can definitely pare this list down. Assuming you're good at communicating your interests and experiences any school is within reach. Don't even think about an MCAT retake/grade "repair." If I were you I would not apply to more than 20 schools, but with infinite time and money and if you want to hedge your bets...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.