20 AA and 3.77 overall with 3.67 sci GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalpath

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No news from Temple....why is it playing so hard to get??

Members don't see this ad.

dental admissions is a crapshoot.

i sincerely hope you didnt apply to one school.

My stats are similar. 3.9 sGPA 3.88 cGPA and 22 AA on the DAT and I applied late in the cycle (10/15 mailing date). I just got an interview invite to temple so check your email regularly.

Members don't see this ad :)
My stats are similar. 3.9 sGPA 3.88 cGPA and 22 AA on the DAT and I applied late in the cycle (10/15 mailing date). I just got an interview invite to temple so check your email regularly.

are you trying to be helpful? it doesnt seem like it
1. your gpa and sgpa are higher
2. your DAT is higher
3. you applied 2/3 weeks ago and got an invite (rub it in)
4. you tell the dude to check his email regularly

sorry but your response really made me laugh

good luck to OP, if you applied to the right schools you should be fine

Maybe your application is missing something that is important to the admissions committee... or also maybe they just have so many applications to go through that they haven't reviewed yours yet. Hopefully some other schools will give you some love though!

i have lower stats than you (3.6 and 3.64 sci with 20s DAT) and i got an invite from temple on the last week on october.. and my last letter got sent out on 8/20
idk when u sent in your app and completed it but im sure you will hear from temple.

No news from Temple....why is it playing so hard to get??

well... did you apply to other schools? for your sakes I hope you did. Another thing, when did you submit your application?

Temple gets about 4500 applications per year and they interview like 300-400, so odds are not in favor for anyone really.

I got an app complete email on 8/18 and have been on review ever since. I interviewed with UMDNJ and NYU already (Sept 10 and sept 20) so I am not completely doomed. I was just hoping for Temple to show me some love...

ditto on the crap shoot. :rolleyes: but like the man seeing a puppy in the window, someone will find you and take you to their home. shotgun approach works great for getting in first year of applying.