20% discount on Step-Up titles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lauraLWW

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Enjoy a 20% discount on Step-Up titles! Use promotion code: MBB454ZZ at checkout on LWW.com.

This logical alternative to several limited-focus books blends a bullet-outline in a review book with comprehensive paragraphs for optimal preparation. The user-friendly format, with numerous tables, illustrations, and flow charts, allows quick review of a vast body of facts. "Quick Hits" highlight facts most likely to be tested. Ample content without superfluous detail enables students to readily evaluate and expand their knowledge.

Most titles offer a companion website that offers the fully searchable text and color photographs.

Be sure to take our student survey for your chance to win an iPad!

http://www.lww.com/product/Step-Up-to-Medicine/?978-0-7817-7153-5
9780781771535.gif

Step-Up to Medicine

Step-Up to Surgery

Step-Up to the Bedside

Step-Up to USMLE Step 1

Step-Up to USMLE Step 2

Step-Up to USMLE Step 3

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the Step 1 book when I was studying for the exam a couple of years ago--it offered a unique approach that supplemented other resources I used.

I'm curious to know if Step 3 offers advice or suggestions for those of us in specialties where we may not see peds, ob/gyn, or surgery cases on a regular basis. Are there chapters that talk about the timeline for exam prep and suggested study schedules?

Thanks!

I really enjoyed the Step 1 book when I was studying for the exam a couple of years ago--it offered a unique approach that supplemented other resources I used.

I'm curious to know if Step 3 offers advice or suggestions for those of us in specialties where we may not see peds, ob/gyn, or surgery cases on a regular basis. Are there chapters that talk about the timeline for exam prep and suggested study schedules?

Thanks!

Thanks for the great review! In regards to Step 3, the specialties covered, other than peds, ob/gyn, & surgery, include:
  • pulmonary med
  • gastroenterology
  • nephrology & urology
  • heme/onc
  • neurology
  • ophthalmology
  • orthopaedics
  • rheumatology
  • dermatology
  • cardiology
Unfortunately, there isn't a dedicated chapter for timeline for exam prep/suggested study schedules. Something to consider for our next edition!