20 extra minutes, what to do with them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solitude

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So on practice tests I have about 20 minutes after going through the questions once. I'm still missing a number of questions per section. What does everybody else do with this extra time? Should I distribute it in my first read-through to try to eliminate the mistakes, or should I use it to go back through the questions that I was unsure of the first time, and the others?

Members don't see this ad.

WilliamsF1 said:
I put a mark on questions that I'm unsure of and go back when I'm done to work on them again.

me too. it would be hard for me to distribute that time while I'm going through the first time...i'd rather know I'm all the way through it and have time to work more on problems i'm struggling on

I would go back to passages/questions that are known weaknesses and try to make sure that you've answered them as best as possible. Try to see if you can eliminate any questions that are obviously wrong and then try to reason through the answer choices that are left. On a side note, finishing with 20 minutes is a lot of time to have left, I usually finish with about 8 minutes or so left and THAT seems like forever.