USMLE/COMLEX 20% off & FREE Shipping on First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1 Review!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrawHillMed

MH Medical Test Prep
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
20% off and FREE Shipping on First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1 Review!

The essential Q&A companion book to First Aid for the® USMLE Step 1

First Aid™ Q&A for the USMLE Step 1 features 1,000 board-style questions and answers, along with explanations for both correct and incorrect answers. The content is keyed to First Aid for the® USMLE Step 1, allowing you to study high-yield facts and Q&As simultaneously. All questions have been reviewed by students who just aced the exam.

Click here to get the special price and shipping offer!* Offer is good until Friday, February 6th.

Leave us your thoughts and questions on this incredible First Aid resource!

:xf:McGraw-Hill Companies will be giving away one copy of this title to one lucky member! Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Join our Mailing List for your choice of free e-newsletters and special offers.

*Discount only applies to books ordered directly from McGraw-Hill website

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How is content in the this book divided? Is it divided by subject or system?

For example, If I wanted to review path questions specifically would I be able to do that, or if I wanted to review the heart? are either of these possible?

Thanks.

Are these questions the same as those in the USMLERx qbank?

Members don't see this ad :)
everyone speaks so highly of the First Aid series. I have heard that this book is a must for a 230+ on usmle step 1

Is there a reference back to the relevant page on FA Step 1 in the explanations to facilitate annotation of questions I got wrong? Thanks!

hello ,everybody advise to use the firstaid books for step 1 ,should i buy all of them or wich one i should get and are they enough , please help me thank you

All the content is tied back to USMLE Step 1 (general or organ systems sections), but there are not page numbers since the USMLE Step 1 publishes more frequently than the Q&A the page numbers will change.

Are there images in the q book? I remember some of the complaints about the kaplan q book was the lack of real images, something I believe is important for step 1.

Would buying the newest editions plus some older ones secondhand make sense for this text? Do the questions change from edition to edition, or is the book just updated? For example, would the 2005 and the 2009 versions have some different questions, or just the same 1000 repeated over again?

I want to get a bunch of the first aid series, but I also want to buy smart to get the best bang for my buck!

Hi!

I have the First Aid review book. How does the Q&A book complement that one? Is all the material tested in it covered in the other book, or are there other books that I should be studying, too?

Thanks!

Are any/all of these questions found in the USMLERx qbank? I was just wondering since they claim to incorporate first-aid material into their qbank.

Thanks.

Many of the questions are also part of the USMLERx database; this is the best of them in book format for study by topic with the main book and the casebook. The author recommends using the three together to study by topic area, for instance reading the high-yield facts for pediatrics, then doing the cases, and testing yourself with the pediatrics Q&A. The Q&A book chapters are in the same order as the chapters in the main book and the Cases book. There is a comprehensive review (one complete exam) at the end of the book.

The three First Aid books (High Yield Review, Cases, Q&A) should provide you with a complete USMLE Step 1 package. The author recommends using the three together to study by topic area, for instance reading the high-yield facts for pediatrics, then doing the cases, and testing yourself with the pediatrics Q&A. The Q&A book chapters are in the same order as the chapters in the main book and the Cases book. There is a comprehensive review (one complete exam) at the end of the book.

The books are up-dated to include the most recent feedback from student test takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.